Pictures from the Motherland (Africa)

and no, that was not a pic off wikipedia :p

Haha the pics looked so similar I was hoping it wasn't taken from wikipedia. Anyway excellent pics man. You see a lot of gators? I caught one in my backyard a couple months ago with an ultralight bass pole but had to cut it loose. Bastard was eating all my bass.

Um... can we say JEALOUS?? :eek: One of these days.....one of these days.....

Very nice pictures - thank you so much for sharing!

Very nice pictures...my husband has been there multiple times too. He's been to Zimbawbe, Zambia and Tanzania over a dozen times in the last decade or so.

So, Catherine - when is he taking you? :D

Don't want to go..........

I could have gone on any trip Julie but chose not to. I'm more of a "spa" type. Ed always came home with massive insect bites. He got Malaria after one trip and was in intensive care for a week. Not all types of Malaria can be warded off by the anti-Malarial drugs you take before and during a trip to Africa. The trips were basically "guy" trips with fellow die-hard camper friends and they lived off the land in the brush/bush for several weeks with native guides. None of the wives wanted to go. Living off the land means eating warthogs (wild pigs with tusks) that you shoot. None of it goes to waste. They take rice/beans and fruit to supplement that, but it's pretty rugged eating. I know there technically isn't much difference between that and picking up a pack of pork chops at the grocery store that was removed from a pig that was killed by someone else, but I can't do it. I've been mostly vegetarian my whole life. I'm now back to being a total vegetarian. Ed had to stop going a couple of years ago due to a knee injury and some health problems. He basically got too old to be crawling around the brush and rocks like that. He took a big tumble down a rocky slope the last time. Looked like he was in a bad car wreck when he came home. He's got thousands of pictures of the wildlife and birds though. Some of the most interesting birds live there. I'm happy just owning some chams from Tanzania :)

more pics! thanks yall

Looking back, I do believe I used my mom's nikon for some of these. Just can't remeber which ones :p

marketanimalsric4.jpg

falls.jpg

falls1.jpg

eles10.jpg

buffl.jpg

animslsss-1.jpg

warthogs !
animslsss7.jpg

The real reason I go to Africa!

richandkids1-1.jpg

thanks again for looking!

Back