Pictures from the Motherland (Africa)

Hey yall, decided to post some pics of my trips to Africa. Sorry no chams! (not that i didnt try, they are hard to find during the dry season) but a couple other herps and African Wildlife. Anyways, thanks for looking!

Richard

first one is a gator from my home in Texas

DSC01333.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

richardvideo216.jpg

richardvideo063.jpg

richardvideo233.jpg

richardvideo270.jpg

richardvideo360.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Cool Richard, thanks for sharing with us. What kind of camera were you using to get those close ups? Why did you go during the dry season?
Where were you in Africa? Was that a game reserve you were on?
How was the food?

That was a nice little "get away" post. Thanks for posting the photos. I love the elephants the most. Something about those cute little ears on the hippos are deceiving and make them look cute and cuddly. :)

What a trip that must have been. The pictures all are excellent but the waterfall took my breath away. Where was it taken?

Wow, great pics. The waterfall you guys are seeing is victoria falls on the Eastern Cataract, on the Zambian side. (According to wikipedia with the same exact picture)

Very nice.....

Very nice pictures...my husband has been there multiple times too. He's been to Zimbawbe, Zambia and Tanzania over a dozen times in the last decade or so. The picture of Vic Falls is in a different season from the one on Wikipedia. A popular vantage point for pictures to be sure. I like the monitor picture the best.

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind replies and good questions! I love the people on this forum.

Lisah- thanks for asking! I've been 4 times since the summer of 06

AJA- thanks! the camera I used was just a point and shoot small cannon, dont know model. the reason I went during the dry season is that i went during the months of may,june and july, which is the dry season down there, I was a counselor at a camp for AIDS orphans. I was in Zambia and Botswana. I cant remeber the name of the area right now, and the food was pretty good. but different.

Graydon - you are correct, I took the waterfall picture on the Zambia side of Victoria falls. The falls are huge! a mile across at least a believe. it rains upside down there because of water shooting up from the falls. beautiful place

once again, thank yall very much for the kind comments!

Pardalisgirl- thanks for the kind comment, and if you husband knows any of the native languages of Zambia, tell him "Muli Bwanji" pronounced : moody ba-wan-ji
its Njanja for " how are you?"

BTW chameleon in Bemba is "lumvye" pronounced: loom-v-we
thanks again!

I'll tell you what man, I am just green with jealous rage right now. Lol. Looks like I need to head to Africa. Excellent pics!

Back
Top Bottom