Pics of Luna

marcsman16

Established Member
Hello everyone!
What do you think about my beautiful girl Luna?? :rolleyes:
I love her so much.
She hasn't laid eggs and I don't see any bulges, do you??
I leave you with this beautiful pics I took today. :D

Attachments

• IMG-20181130-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20181130-WA0012.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20181130-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20181130-WA0010.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20181130_140156_522.jpg
    IMG_20181130_140156_522.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20181130-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20181130-WA0013.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG-20181130-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20181130-WA0016.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
Get a t5HO or T8 linear uvb fixture and bulb (Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med 5.0) to replace your compact coil uvb. Is that a blue basking light? There’s always room for more branches and vines!

Since no one has mentioned, not having a bin as a permanent part of her cage can lead to her being egg bound. Most females don’t survive this.

It’s clear you have taken a lot of time in preparing her cage setup but it’s just going to take some rearranging, possibly even a larger cage. The egg laying bins are deep.

Good luck. She is one of the most beautiful females I’ve seen ☺️

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Female panther chameleon, 8 months old. Around 6 months
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • 4 - 5 times a week.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • I feed her crickets, dubias, superworms and occasionally waxworms. 10 medium crickets or 3 - 5 dubias a day, she has a feeder cup, and I occasionaly offer a few superworms as a treat. I gutload my feeders with Superload from Repashy (sometimes I add spirulina to the mix) and something Juicy like apples, oranges etc.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Exoterra with d3, Exoterra without d3 and Exoterra Multivitamin. Without d3 everyday, with d3 twice a month and Multivitamin once a month
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Automatic misting, it mists every 2 hours. Yes, I see my chameleon drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • Her poop is healthy, sometimes there's a little orange at the top of the urate, but just sometimes and a very little amount. Yes.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
  • When I first got her it took a few months for her to start growing normally. (She was healthy, no signs of Coccidia or anything)

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Screen cage 15inx15inx25in.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Fluker's 5.0, Exoterra basking 50w. From 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • 75 - 84. Lowest overnight = 68. Digital thermometers
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Normal - 58 to 65. Sometimes it gets to 72 and 49 but just occasionally over the year. I have live plants and also where I live is kindda humid. I use a digital hygrometer.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • I have pothos only.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • The cage is next to my desk over a 4ft table.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • Mexico City, Mexico.

Current Problem - Egg laying bin, I don't have enough space to put it inside the terrarium.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Female panther chameleon, 8 months old. Around 6 months
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • 4 - 5 times a week.
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • I feed her crickets, dubias, superworms and occasionally waxworms. 10 medium crickets or 3 - 5 dubias a day, she has a feeder cup, and I occasionaly offer a few superworms as a treat. I gutload my feeders with Superload from Repashy (sometimes I add spirulina to the mix) and something Juicy like apples, oranges etc.
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Exoterra with d3, Exoterra without d3 and Exoterra Multivitamin. Without d3 everyday, with d3 twice a month and Multivitamin once a month
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Automatic misting, it mists every 2 hours. Yes, I see my chameleon drinking.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • Her poop is healthy, sometimes there's a little orange at the top of the urate, but just sometimes and a very little amount. Yes.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
  • When I first got her it took a few months for her to start growing normally. (She was healthy, no signs of Coccidia or anything)

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Screen cage 15inx15inx25in.
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Fluker's 5.0, Exoterra basking 50w. From 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • 75 - 84. Lowest overnight = 68. Digital thermometers
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Normal - 58 to 65. Sometimes it gets to 72 and 49 but just occasionally over the year. I have live plants and also where I live is kindda humid. I use a digital hygrometer.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • I have pothos only.
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • The cage is next to my desk over a 4ft table.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
  • Mexico City, Mexico.

Current Problem - Egg laying bin, I don't have enough space to put it inside the terrarium.
Don’t handle her unless she asks for it (climbs onto you). Feed a little less than that every other day (do the equivalent of around 10-12 medium crickets). If possible, add in more variety, like more types of roaches (red runner, orange headed, ivory headed, green banana, etc.), black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, mantids, stick insects, locusts, helix aspersa, painted lady butterflies, and silk, horn, and waxworm moths, to name a few. When your Superload runs out, replace it with Repashy Bug Burger, it’s better. Get Zoo Med supplements and use the same schedule except a multivitamin without D3 should be every two weeks, as well. Or combine your calcium with D3 and multivitamin without D3 and use Zoo Med Reptivite with D3 every two weeks and Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 every feeding. How long is each misting? It should be a minimum of 2, but preferably 5, minutes long. She needs a minimum sized cage of 18” by 18” by 36” tall, but preferably 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall or bigger, preferably screen. Get either a T8 or t5HO linear uvb fixture and bulb (Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%) to replace your compact coil uvb. Change the lights to 12 hours of uvb and basking and 12 hours of complete darkness. Everything else looks good! Make sure when you upgrade her cage, she has a plethora of branches and vines everywhere throughout her cage, along with plenty of plant cover! What are the dimensions of her lay bin?

Don’t handle her unless she asks for it (climbs onto you). Feed a little less than that every other day (do the equivalent of around 10-12 medium crickets). If possible, add in more variety, like more types of roaches (red runner, orange headed, ivory headed, green banana, etc.), black soldier flies and larvae, blue bottle flies, silkworms, hornworms, butterworms, mantids, stick insects, locusts, helix aspersa, painted lady butterflies, and silk, horn, and waxworm moths, to name a few. When your Superload runs out, replace it with Repashy Bug Burger, it’s better. Get Zoo Med supplements and use the same schedule except a multivitamin without D3 should be every two weeks, as well. Or combine your calcium with D3 and multivitamin without D3 and use Zoo Med Reptivite with D3 every two weeks and Zoo Med ReptiCalcium without D3 every feeding. How long is each misting? It should be a minimum of 2, but preferably 5, minutes long. She needs a minimum sized cage of 18” by 18” by 36” tall, but preferably 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall or bigger, preferably screen. Get either a T8 or t5HO linear uvb fixture and bulb (Zoo Med 5.0 or Arcadia 6%) to replace your compact coil uvb. Change the lights to 12 hours of uvb and basking and 12 hours of complete darkness. Everything else looks good! Make sure when you upgrade her cage, she has a plethora of branches and vines everywhere throughout her cage, along with plenty of plant cover! What are the dimensions of her lay bin?
Thanks a lot for your AWESOME feedback! :D
Yes, I'll add more variety of feeders and of course upgrading her cage into a bigger one!
Her laying bin is about 12deep x 8 x 8.

Thanks a lot for your AWESOME feedback! :D
Yes, I'll add more variety of feeders and of course upgrading her cage into a bigger one!
Her laying bin is about 12deep x 8 x 8.
Thank you for taking my feedback! I can tell your cham is loved! Get a lay bin a minimum of 12” by 12” by 12”, but preferably 14” by 14” by 14” or 16” by 16” by 16”. What substrate are you using in it?

Thank you for taking my feedback! I can tell your cham is loved! Get a lay bin a minimum of 12” by 12” by 12”, but preferably 14” by 14” by 14” or 16” by 16” by 16”. What substrate are you using in it?
Ok, I’ look for a bigger bin :)
I’m using vermicompost.

Ok, I’ look for a bigger bin :)
I’m using vermicompost.
Use either washed play sand (when I say washed, I mean thoroughly rinsed with water multiple times, let me know if I need to go into further detail), organic soil, or a mixture of both. The bin should have at least one drainage hole and the substrate should be damp but not soaking or dry and be able to hold a tunnel without collapsing on itself

Back
Top Bottom