Pics of dusted feeders

Clayton0520

Avid Member
Hey guys and gals,

Could y’all post pics of your dusted feeders? I have dusted crickets in the past but they ended up looking white. I’m not sure how much “ is lightly dusted” is. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

That is exactly how mine look. I just put them in a plastic bag and shake them until they are coated. I'll take a picture next time I do it.

Thanks Becca ! You’re the best! I’ll check into that canister for sure. My baby is supposed to be here the 16th !

If you free range your crickets... odds are theyll lose some of their dusting rubbing on leaves and vines.. id personally rather them be coated then just lightly dusted

Okey dokey. So I cup feed almost everything. The only thing I let crawl around in there are hornworms and silkworms.

Here is my process :hilarious: . I put them in the hole opening and close it. Shake the supplement from the bottom compartment. give them a good shake around. Then shake the supplement back into the bottom. Pour them back out the hole into whatever I am using to pour them into his feeding cup in his enclosure.
I have one for each supplement and wrote on the top in sharpie what was in it. I also take the shakers apart every two weeks to give them a good cleaning.

shaker1.JPG shaker2.JPG shaker3.JPG dusted bugs.JPG

I do mine pretty lightly. Depends what I supplement with though. I always heard to not ghost them, which makes sense to me... Not trying to pound the calcium, just fix the ratio of calc: phos that is off in most feeders. BSFL, isopods, and I'd assume snails don't need dusted. Can't think of any others.

I’ll probably get whipped for this - but I don't dust every feeder - just the crickets, dubia, and superworms. I do dust every day, just not every bug... only the staples. I do not dust horn worms, BSFL or the flies they produce... or any other worm they get. I feel like if I had ketchup (more like chalk) smothered on everything I ate I would get sick of it, so their worms are their treat. BSFL is so high calcium they def dont need it.

Here’s my duster. I used a sturdy wonton soup container and cut a little trap door in it so i can slide my cricket keeper tube in with no escapes and no touching crickets!

1D9D8391-60E9-4D77-91BF-D2FED3F856B3.jpeg CD7167E1-A1D7-4381-BAE5-513E98B9916C.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll probably get whipped for this - but I don't dust every feeder - just the crickets, dubia, and superworms. I do dust every day, just not every bug... only the staples. I do not dust horn worms, BSFL or the flies they produce... or any other worm they get. I feel like if I had ketchup (more like chalk) smothered on everything I ate I would get sick of it, so their worms are their treat. BSFL is so high calcium they def dont need it.

Here’s my duster. I used a sturdy wonton soup container and cut a little trap door in it so i can slid my cricket keeper tube in with no escapes and no touching crickets!

View attachment 227818View attachment 227819

That's the right way to do it (y)

Here’s my duster. I used a sturdy wonton soup container and cut a little trap door in it so i can slide my cricket keeper tube in with no escapes and no touching crickets!

View attachment 227818View attachment 227819
Same

Okey dokey. So I cup feed almost everything. The only thing I let crawl around in there are hornworms and silkworms.

Here is my process :hilarious: . I put them in the hole opening and close it. Shake the supplement from the bottom compartment. give them a good shake around. Then shake the supplement back into the bottom. Pour them back out the hole into whatever I am using to pour them into his feeding cup in his enclosure.
I have one for each supplement and wrote on the top in sharpie what was in it. I also take the shakers apart every two weeks to give

This item does not ship to the UK. Damn it, I want three!

Thank you all for the info, I feel much better now that I have seen some pics of everyone else’s dusted feeders. A picture is truly worth a 1000 words lol

Back
Top Bottom