Picky or is something wrong?

Toroumi

Hey guys I feel like I posted about having a similar problem with my other chameleon but my current one doesn't ever want to eat roaches or crickets even hornworms he only wants grasshoppers supers and waxworms I was just wondering if it's ok for him to eat just that ? I kinda wish he'd eat the roaches just cuz grasshoppers are literally so expensive 😭Also why does he always try to get out of the cage? Does he not like it? He was doing that in his previous cage which was shorter and I got a 24x24x48 cage but he keeps trying to get out or something like I open the door and he runs to get out and grab onto me

Hey guys I feel like I posted about having a similar problem with my other chameleon but my current one doesn't ever want to eat roaches or crickets even hornworms he only wants grasshoppers supers and waxworms I was just wondering if it's ok for him to eat just that ? I kinda wish he'd eat the roaches just cuz grasshoppers are literally so expensive 😭Also why does he always try to get out of the cage? Does he not like it? He was doing that in his previous cage which was shorter and I got a 24x24x48 cage but he keeps trying to get out or something like I open the door and he runs to get out and grab onto me
How old is he? Can he see any other chameleons? Post a pic of the cage.

If it is a young cham then wax worms are fine. But they can get addicted to wax worms and superworms and then end up preferring them over all other feeders.

How old is he? Can he see any other chameleons? Post a pic of the cage.

If it is a young cham then wax worms are fine. But they can get addicted to wax worms and superworms and then end up preferring them over all other feeders.
He is 9 months he can't see any other chameleons I only have him lol this is his cage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922_102649.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922_102649.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 67
He is 9 months he can't see any other chameleons I only have him lol this is his cage
Could give few sticks to connect some together. My veiled used to always want out. Last month are so only wants out once in awhile. Still will walk up on hand if I stick it out for him. Just don't run to door like used to.

Is the cage down on the floor? They like to be higher in the room. Next to a window? He could be seeing something outside that is spooking him. Or his reflection in the window.

Is the cage down on the floor? They like to be higher in the room. Next to a window? He could be seeing something outside that is spooking him. Or his reflection in the window.
The cage is on like a 2ft stand it's not next to a window or anything

Nothing wrong with him just eating roaches and grasshoppers. That's my main stable for all mine. Now Wax and supers are treats. I would only give as treats. If give to many they wont want anything else's and will not eat for few days.

The cage is on like a 2ft stand it's not next to a window or anything
At 9 months they start becoming more adventurous and wanting to discover their environment. Panthers tend to be pretty friendly and can enjoy coming out. During spring they tend to become more restless looking for a woman. lol

But I would curb away from the waxworms and superworms. If he is going after those mainly you may need to remove them all together until he starts eating his other feeders.

At 9 months they start becoming more adventurous and wanting to discover their environment. Panthers tend to be pretty friendly and can enjoy coming out. During spring they tend to become more restless looking for a woman. lol

But I would curb away from the waxworms and superworms. If he is going after those mainly you may need to remove them all together until he starts eating his other feeders.
I see. Is there something I could so to get him to eat roaches or crickets? Should I just offer them every morning until he decides to eat them? I mean I've tried that but I kinda keep caving and just giving him the worms or grasshoppers because I don't want him to go without eating 😣

I see. Is there something I could so to get him to eat roaches or crickets? Should I just offer them every morning until he decides to eat them? I mean I've tried that but I kinda keep caving and just giving him the worms or grasshoppers because I don't want him to go without eating 😣
Yeah you can't cave. My boy took 9 days to go onto roaches. They will hold out until they are hungry enough to give in. Stubborn like toddlers. But if you give in you will get no where. He is now 9 months which is a good age to battle the feeding strike. If younger I would not recommend it.

It's probably fine tbh. My guy won't even acknowledge the existence of roaches. If I wave them in front of him he'll straight up avert his gaze and look anywhere else lmao. I just gave up and feed him from the infinite grasshopper supply. Every once in a while he'll take some worms so I call it good as far as variety goes 😆

Back
Top Bottom