Pic of My Hornworm problem...

Leroux2008

Okay so here are some pictures of the problem im having.....

-I bought both cups of hornworms at the same time.... both came in at the same time... I keep them both in the same spot next to my lights on my chameleons cage.

-Problem... One cup of hornworms they were steadily getting smaller in size as the days go on and they hardly ever eat... the other cup they just grow and grow....

Im not sure whats wrong any clue? I clean out the dew drops and mold and both cups are near lights....

smallnum1.jpg

bignum1.jpg

Just thought Id share this last one of this huge guy..... He was like a 3rd of that size yesterday 0.0 or he was hiding pretty dern well.
huge.jpg

sounds like a temp issue, although both cups are near the light i bet the one that are growing fast have a warmer temp, move them to another spot.

Ill try that Julio... See I dont have a problem with them growing fast... but Im just curious why the other cup is getting smaller..... Its no wheres close to cold in my house lol

not really, just empty out the bottom of the cup each morning, its the easiest cleaning you will do when it comes to any animals.

Ya I suppose you could say that... I tihnk its much easier taking care of the Chameleons than it is their feeders XD

I had the same problem. I purchased 4 cups from Mulberry farm 2 months ago. The worms in one of the cups never grew, and eventually just died off one by one. The other three cups were completely fine. I emailed to ask them, but they had no idea what caused the problem.

I had the same problem. I purchased 4 cups from Mulberry farm 2 months ago. The worms in one of the cups never grew, and eventually just died off one by one. The other three cups were completely fine. I emailed to ask them, but they had no idea what caused the problem.

i had the same issue, dont know why one was good and one wasent..i decided to put the ones that where not eating in a cooler spot in my room and cleaned out the cup they came in(all messy work, but didnt want to waste them) and put them in a "ziplock" tupperware thing i had with a lid..(all tedious) and cut a circle in the lid, and hot glued some mesh to it..then i misted very lightly the chow..and literally washed off the worms in water (misting them then putting them on paper towels)..a few days later they gained weight..i think maybe they where too hot and stuffed????? really not sure but give it a try and see what happends..

Probably some back luck.
From raising them from eggs I can tell you they don't all grow at the same rate.

I currently have some 4" horns and some 1/2" horns all from the same group of eggs.

O man thats nuts!! I hate them being so small =[[ I mean... I guess Im sorta lucky that none of them died yet, so I seem to be doing somewhat okay with them.....

2 stunt the growth do what i do 2 days in the fridge and 1 day out. someone posted that on here before and thats what i do and it totally helps the little ones I don't know what to tell you.

lol well... I dont mind the big ones... I mean I might throw them in the fridge for a day so they stop growing cause they are getting rather huge.... My main concern is my puny ones! Ive read about the putting them in teh fridge

I do say though I think Jackson will be my Next Cham! I cant get another one right now thoguh =[[ currently staying at my sisters house until I have enough saved up to move out again... My roommates bailed on me and was forced to move here... or I could have lived on the streets in a cardboard box ;)

Back
Top Bottom