Photos of our beautiful girl!

Cami2013

We got her 12/14/13 (we were given IMO a large age range 3-6 mos old). On 1/11/14, we took her to a recommended vet (not because anything was wrong) just to have her checked out & make sure we were providing her with the best possible care. The vet estimated her age to be 6 mos at that time.

These pics are from 3/1/14, so almost 8 mos old??? She appears to be older to me, but we are new at this, so definitely uncertain & don't have anything to compare it to other than other people's photos & our girl looks huge compared to most!

Her colors are so vibrant, bright and beautiful: bright green, turquoise blue & school bus yellow. These are her every day colors. When she is basking the whitish areas on her sides turn a dark brown. When she gets excited/stressed she gets light and DARK green stripes with dark green spots. We love her so much!

Cami LOVES my 12 year old son & was so eager to be out this day!

I do have a few questions:
Can you tell based on her colors how old she is? There have been very distinct color pattern changes as she's gotten older.
Do her eating patterns/amounts have anything to do with her age? When we first got her, she immediately ate 6-7 large crickets/daily. She quickly (within the 1st week or two) increased to 10-12 large crickets/daily + a bowl of veggies/greens/daily + meal worm treats. All of this was pre-vet visit. Her vet visit revealed a very healthy girl except she had 4 different parasites, which we ended up treating her for a total of 4 weeks with 3 different meds to completely get rid of them all. The last week of meds and ever since, she eats 3-5 large crickets/daily + greens/daily + mealworm treats. When I asked the vet, he said the meds can decrease her appetite, but she has continued eating less than she did, but she definitely is not scrawny. After she was parasite free, we moved her to her new XL screen cage with live plants (1 ficus benjamina, 2 schefflera arb., 1 pothos). She loves her new cage (she's been in it since 2/15) & enjoys exploring all the different areas (I've only seen her at the bottom briefly 2 times). She drinks well, she really likes her automatic mister. I was concerned initially about her decreased appetite, but everything else about her seems perfect. Can parasites cause increased appetite and her appetite has been less since she has been parasite free? Could her eating less be because she's getting older? Also, do her shedding habits/frequencies have something to do with her age? The first shed she had with us started on Christmas day & she had completed her shed in about 5 days. Her 2nd shed started on 1/21 & also lasted about 5 days. She has not shed since.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0596.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 118
hey there, very nice looking cham you got there and A+ for you for taking her to the vet and getting rid of those nasty parasites. I think you are spot on with her not eating a whole lot due to age. From what I've read once they hit around the 1 year mark them seem to slow down a bit.

also, she might be getting ready to lay eggs!
if she has been down on the bottom it might be because she is looking for a spot to lay some eggs. Might want to think about getting a bin set up for her.
Also from what I've read they seem to get a little picky about how much they eat before they are about to lay eggs.

good luck with you cham, she is a pretty girl

Thank you Jann for the links! Great, detailed information! I will definitely set up a laying bin for her. I thought (probably lack of knowledge) that if she were looking to lay eggs, there would be more "signs" like wandering/pacing the bottom of her enclosure.

Thanks ir0k for your nice comments and suggestions. We truly adore her! My son and I find ourselves spending hours at a time just admiring her.

Checked on her tonight & couldn't resist this pic. Hopefully I didn't disrupt her too much.

Attachments

• IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 116
Your lady is very beautiful! It always makes me happy to see other people who love their chams. The way I do.

Thank you Laurie! We do love her so! We find ourselves admiring her for extended periods of time.

Back
Top Bottom