Photo Updates of Jade

I contacted her doctor to see if he wants to change her treatment plan at all.
I understand that you are a vet tech and that you are working with a Vet. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I do hope you will take our feedback though. We know these animals and how to care for them. We have hands on day to day experience with them. Most Vets do not have a working knowledge of what chameleons actually need. This is very specialized and there are few Veterinarians that actually specialize in chameleons in the US and have the skill set to treat them correctly.

I want to share this thread with you. This was one of our new members threads a year later. She rescued a female the same as you did. She was showing the same issues your girl was. But she followed correct husbandry and implementing what we told and taught her she was able to completely rehabilitate her chameleon. You can see in her before pics the same bumps that your female has. Same issue for her incorrect supplementing and lack of correct UVB from the prior owner. With the changes her bumps went away and she was able to mature into a beautiful strong female veiled. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/happy-first-official-year-nachito.189431/

I understand that you are a vet tech and that you are working with a Vet. I see nothing wrong with that at all. I do hope you will take our feedback though. We know these animals and how to care for them. We have hands on day to day experience with them. Most Vets do not have a working knowledge of what chameleons actually need. This is very specialized and there are few Veterinarians that actually specialize in chameleons in the US and have the skill set to treat them correctly.

I want to share this thread with you. This was one of our new members threads a year later. She rescued a female the same as you did. She was showing the same issues your girl was. But she followed correct husbandry and implementing what we told and taught her she was able to completely rehabilitate her chameleon. You can see in her before pics the same bumps that your female has. Same issue for her incorrect supplementing and lack of correct UVB from the prior owner. With the changes her bumps went away and she was able to mature into a beautiful strong female veiled. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/happy-first-official-year-nachito.189431/
I absolutely take everything on here to heart I write it down and save it with the rest of the stuff I have for her healthcare

I absolutely take everything on here to heart I write it down and save it with the rest of the stuff I have for her healthcare
You got this! It might seem like a lot at first but once everything starts fitting together and any problems are fixed the journey with your chameleon starts to get better and then seeing your girl thrive is one of the best rewards ever!

Like @Ghostbirb said, it’s a lot at first and can be overwhelming. My little noodle had tons of husbandry issues when I adopted him and looking back now, he was likely very close to the end. If it wasn’t for this forum I just know he would be gone. It took a while. And I mean months. But if you stick with it and be consistent in monitoring, I have no doubt this little lady will thrive.

Shes going thru her first shed since living with me.
IMG_2635.jpeg

So happy that you're building trust with Jade!! I see in one of your previous pictures that she is starting/finishing a shed!! The first chameleon is almost always the hardest, you will get the hang of things as time goes on. Yoshi, my first chameleon, was a rescue and blind and one eye so that was a wild adventure! I'm sure you'll take great care of Jade and I love seeing all of her pretty pictures! I too love taking pictures of my beloved Daffie! Can't wait to see more pictures of Jade!! 💕 🦎

So happy that you're building trust with Jade!! I see in one of your previous pictures that she is starting/finishing a shed!! The first chameleon is almost always the hardest, you will get the hang of things as time goes on. Yoshi, my first chameleon, was a rescue and blind and one eye so that was a wild adventure! I'm sure you'll take great care of Jade and I love seeing all of her pretty pictures! I too love taking pictures of my beloved Daffie! Can't wait to see more pictures of Jade!! 💕 🦎
She’s my baby. I got her from a place where she was surrendered too. She was very very underweight and had a shed go very very wrong, the skin to that shed was in the eye keeping the eye from opening she was dehydrated she wouldn’t eat. Then I found out she has eggs brewing in there.

I’ve had her a month so when I saw her successfully shed I was beyond stoked!

She’s my baby. I got her from a place where she was surrendered too. She was very very underweight and had a shed go very very wrong, the skin to that shed was in the eye keeping the eye from opening she was dehydrated she wouldn’t eat. Then I found out she has eggs brewing in there.

I’ve had her a month so when I saw her successfully shed I was beyond stoked!
It was brave of you to take that on. Shedding is always a big milestone to reach, so CONGRATS!!!!! 🥳

I’m going to say it. Female veiled chams have the best personalities. Hate all you want on that comment. I’ll die on this hill.

Back
Top Bottom