Photo Copyrights - Protect Your Images!

THank you Chris, However, can i kindly request that you read your legal rights in the UK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation they can be found on this link.

So what is your plan here? Convince your UK court to exercise personal jurisdiction over Chris, convince the court that his apparently true claims about your copyright infringement fall under the umbrella of "defamation," obtain a judgment against him in UK court, then attempt to enforce it in US court upon which it will be subject to collateral attack and the US court will need to be convinced that Chris was properly subjected to the jurisdiction of UK laws? Is that what you thought you were going to do?

LOL.

As far as copyrights go, if I use a picture off Google as a reference, do I need to cite the source? A lot of pictures I draw are from old magazine cuttings or things that do not have names with the picture, unfortunately.

Just trying to figure out if this is legal or if I need to change my way of finding reference photos.

JC - I doubt Oliver thought past his bluff but he's welcome to continue trying to deflect attention away from his own actions. I think these attempts do more to "affect directly the sales of the site" and "[portray] a negative images of [his] site" than if he had simply admitted what he did, took care of it and moved on.

Syn - You aren't taking an image off google. Google is a search engine, not a photo catalog. Click the photo and it takes you to the source. As far as the legality of you drawing an image, that is beyond my understanding of copyright so you'd have to ask a lawyer.

Chris

Unfortunately most of the good photos on Google that I do find do not take me to the correct source. :eek: I'm not sure of any lawyers I could ask but I'll try making a post on an art website or something. Thanks, though, Chris!

Unfortunately most of the good photos on Google that I do find do not take me to the correct source. :eek: I'm not sure of any lawyers I could ask but I'll try making a post on an art website or something. Thanks, though, Chris!

http://www.azbar.org/

Contact your local bar association they can guide you in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom