phionx worms everyday feeder?

Hollywhyte

Avid Member
I think my Veiled chameleon has gone off crickets as I live in canada I am not able to get roches Question is can phionx worms be used as a staple feeder

I am also from Canada :)
Flint has gone off crickets a couple of times, so for the last year and a half I have been alternating using crickets for 3 weeks then Phoenix worms for 1 week as a staple. He also gets silkworms, horned worms, wax worms and butter worms on the side, alternating days and depending on what's available. I'm sure more of the experienced keepers will have more of an in depth response, but as far as I know Phoenix worms are fantastic feeders and I have been using them successfully with Flint as a main part of his diet since he was 10 weeks old.....if I put crickets, a horned worm, a silk worm and a few Phoenix worms in front of him, he always eats the Phoenix worms first.

I am also from Canada :)
Flint has gone off crickets a couple of times, so for the last year and a half I have been alternating using crickets for 3 weeks then Phoenix worms for 1 week as a staple. He also gets silkworms, horned worms, wax worms and butter worms on the side, alternating days and depending on what's available. I'm sure more of the experienced keepers will have more of an in depth response, but as far as I know Phoenix worms are fantastic feeders and I have been using them successfully with Flint as a main part of his diet since he was 10 weeks old.....if I put crickets, a horned worm, a silk worm and a few Phoenix worms in front of him, he always eats the Phoenix worms first.
Thanks for you reply Apollo also gets silkworms and horned worms also a butter worm on occasion his fav is the silkworms. His previous owners only gave him crickets and meal worms I am wondering if because he has had yummy bugs now that maybe he is being pickey

Haha yes that could be, spoiled boy! When I went away on my honeymoon Flint took advantage of my poor Dad who was watching him and refused to eat anything but horned worms......then he tried to pull that on me when I got home and he went for about 6 days without eating before he gave up and started eating staple foods again :p

I honestly feel that there should not be such a thing as a staple feeder! Variety is so incredibly important! Most of us humans love potato salad! I, myself am crazy about it! Once I was in a relationship with a women who made potato salad nearly every day! And guess what we had for leftovers? After a couple of years of this I felt like screaming at her: "can you please make me some freaking mashed potatoes, or French fries or hash browns or just stop buying potatoes at all for a couple of months please!!!!!" I wonder what our chameleons would scream at us if they could do so!?!?

Haha yes that could be, spoiled boy! When I went away on my honeymoon Flint :p
Haha yes that could be, spoiled boy! When I went away on my honeymoon Flint took advantage of my poor Dad who was watching him and refused to eat anything but horned worms......then he tried to pull that on me when I got home and he went for about 6 days without eating before he gave up and started eating staple foods again :p
Lmao I get scared when he doesn't eat so I give in easy

Back
Top Bottom