Phetven is on his way!! My new Italian leatherback!y

Bentley has chosen to sleep behind his rock tonight :/ after he'd tormented my cat. If cat goes near, Bentley will hop off his rock and come stare at the cat.
He's eating loads better too :)
Kath.

Oh dear! Does yours have a mad half hour? Bentley can chill for most of day, comes off his rock and mooches round, eats,poops but around an hour before lights out he kind of goes a little crazy :/
Glass surfing, doing laps round his rock and around the edges of enclosure. I thought it had something to do with after his bath, so he had his bath this morning. He still had his mad half hr this evening. Sometimes even trying to jump off rock onto the glass at side, like he really believes he's gonna stick to it :0
He's asleep now. Kath.

Started a shed today. Looks like he has horns coming off his head. He's eating so much better too. Kath.

Pics please! Mine both started eating a lot ore today. I felt like all I did is feed them today. Is it possible to over feed them?

I've heard when they're real young they can eat upto 50 or maybe more small feeders, at a couple of sittings! Bentley doesn't eat that many.
Will get some pics up soon. George(Cham) started shedding too today.
Kath.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395185747.710581.jpg fresh out of his bath. And cracked like egg shell after drying out and warming up under his light. He eats about 30 feeders a sitting, and a few worms of different varieties throughout the day. But mainly it's crickets.
Below is my rescue guy. He has come a long way. I let him run around at night once the kids go down. He use to go run and hide but now he slips up next to me and snuggles. It's beyond me how people can neglect and be Cruel to these babies. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395185932.976461.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395185947.759743.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395185962.892971.jpg

So cute. It's beyond me too how anyone can be cruel or neglectful to any animal.
Pics later, off to muck my geegee out. Kath.

I can't wait till mine are that big! Here is a pic of Appa after his bath this morning. I hope he is as happy as he looks. His new cage came yeaterday, and Bella's is suppose to come today. I got them at www.showcasecages.com. The stack on top of each other. My husband says they look like coffins, but he is just a bit cranky about all my new babies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 153
Appa looks very happy. Cages look great, just got Bentley a new home but not put together fully yet.
Here's a pic of him shedding, half his head done so far.
4udusyge.jpg

Kath.

I can't wait till mine are that big! Here is a pic of Appa after his bath this morning. I hope he is as happy as he looks. His new cage came yeaterday, and Bella's is suppose to come today. I got them at www.showcasecages.com. The stack on top of each other. My husband says they look like coffins, but he is just a bit cranky about all my new babies.

That's funny. My hubby gets cranky too. Usually about the time I buy new UVB for everyone lol. Yeesh. Herps cost so much to keep. But I'm so happy I have them. My old hobby is now my full time job so I had to find something I enjoyed again. I enjoy my babies :) your little guy is too cute.

@kath he has grown! Stephen is still having a shed, but now it's just feet and head. He is a moody little turd when shedding.

Iv gone through 2000 crickets kath. Steve is a heifer.

Lol! Bentley and george aren't too keen on crickets. Locusts are their favourites.
Haven't counted how many I'm going through, but I'd say quite a good amount,lol.
He's almost done with shedding, a few baths have helped.
Kath.

Can't believe how fast they grow. He is still small yet so much bigger, if that makes sense?
How are your two? And how's appa and his girl hinzfamily?
vajetese.jpg

ehydugys.jpg

je8ugava.jpg

byhysasa.jpg

He's just got one little spot of shed skin on his side.
Kath.

Wow he is getting big! How many locus does he eat per day, and does he eat anything else? How are you getting him to drink? Mine have been good about drinking in the morning during their baths, but I am leaving for England for ten days, and worried my husband and daughter won't have as much success.

My little girl Bella is an absolute pig. She eats what ever I put in her tank. She has doubled in size and is almost bigger then Appa. Appa doesn't eat nearly as much. He usually eats 6-8 crickets, a dozen meal worms, a dozen Phoenix worms, and just yeaterday I have him two tiny horn worms. He loves his worms, but is just too lazy for the crickets. I am a bit worried that he isn't eating enough. He hasn't really grown since I got him and Bella is just the complete opposite. I will take some new pics later today.

He eats around 20 small to medium sized a day, but not all in one sitting. He'll eat 4-5 each time I offer. Around 3-4 times a day. He's eaten crickets, but not often, has the odd mealworm now and then and has eaten Phoenix worms. Not tried him with roaches yet.
His favourite is the locusts though.
He too drinks in his bath, but I do give him a spray in the morning, which sometimes he will lick water off sides of his home.
I've put together his new home, but need another table for it to go on.
Bentley took a while to up his appetite and doesn't eat 30-50 a day like I've read they do.he gets a right fat belly after eating though,lol.
Kath.

Bella is getting rolls. She I such a little chunker! She never stops eating. Here is a new pic of her and all her rolls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 161
Back
Top Bottom