Petition update

Is this the change.org Sweet Pea petition??? I *think I signed but the site didn’t give a clear cut confirmation.... it wanted me to sign all these other petitions and invite people to sign a bunch of things....I wonder if there’s a better platform for a petition???

I think it is not specific enough and would not be fair to other reptile keepers who could utilize some of these products in thier enclosures. Perhaps a statement such as "NOT SUITABLE FOR CHAMELEONS" would be more appropriate?

I think it is not specific enough and would not be fair to other reptile keepers who could utilize some of these products in thier enclosures. Perhaps a statement such as "NOT SUITABLE FOR CHAMELEONS" would be more appropriate?

You are correct. It is actually wrong because products don't cause MBD, it is their misuse or lack of use. I signed in order to help spread awareness. At some point when I have done more research it would like to start a petition for updated care sheets. This is likely the best we can hope for. You can't force them to have staff that knows all the products ins and outs. With the use of updated care it could at least help the new owner purchase the correct products. The US has some odd laws. There are laws to protect dogs, cats and live stock. There are laws to prevent ownership. But there are very few if any that offer protections to the non-dangerous exotics such as lizards, snakes, small bird and rodents. There are open cruelty laws that prevent outright torture, but nothing says a pet shop or owner for that mater are required to give a specific level of care. By law if you are giving food water and shelter, you are doing enough.

You are correct. It is actually wrong because products don't cause MBD, it is their misuse or lack of use. I signed in order to help spread awareness. At some point when I have done more research it would like to start a petition for updated care sheets. This is likely the best we can hope for. You can't force them to have staff that knows all the products ins and outs. With the use of updated care it could at least help the new owner purchase the correct products. The US has some odd laws. There are laws to protect dogs, cats and live stock. There are laws to prevent ownership. But there are very few if any that offer protections to the non-dangerous exotics such as lizards, snakes, small bird and rodents. There are open cruelty laws that prevent outright torture, but nothing says a pet shop or owner for that mater are required to give a specific level of care. By law if you are giving food water and shelter, you are doing enough.
I totally agree, an updated care sheet is a good idea. Count me in.👍

Hi! I believe that more and more people signed the petition. I agree with what people have been saying. The products aren't the problem. It's how you use them. The workers should be educated on what products work for what animal. I would also like to see more t5 bulb and fixtures in the stores.

Back
Top Bottom