pet co listened to me

bruce the cham

Avid Member
my pet co was terrible with their chameleon enclosures wrong uvb no basking spot hardly any hides barley any vines and only feeding meal worms i talked to them multiple times yet they never listened until the last time i went there they had the correct uvb a basking spot automatic misters way more plants fake obviously which i will try to get them to use real the were feeding little roaches and crickets bsfl and were using the right supplement schedule when i asked not sure if it was me telling them what was wrong or other but a great improvement i wish all petcos could do this

my pet co was terrible with their chameleon enclosures wrong uvb no basking spot hardly any hides barley any vines and only feeding meal worms i talked to them multiple times yet they never listened until the last time i went there they had the correct uvb a basking spot automatic misters way more plants fake obviously which i will try to get them to use real the were feeding little roaches and crickets bsfl and were using the right supplement schedule when i asked not sure if it was me telling them what was wrong or other but a great improvement i wish all petcos could do this
Persistence can pay off! Great job! I doubt that they’ll be able to use live plants as they need to be able to keep things clean and (hopefully) sanitize their enclosures between animals.

Nice work @bruce the cham! Any difference you can make in how your pet stores treat chameleons is a big a win. The chameleons benefit because it is getting better care. The buyer (whoever it may be: e.g. a parent and their child) get a healthier animal that does better (given proper care). And the pet store benefits because their animals are living longer so they can be sold and they might get returning customers. I would love to see pet stores take advice from knowledgeable chameleon enthusiasts like yourself and others. I have no issue if people support pet stores by purchasing their animals and products if it is done right.

So in short, nice work! While there need to be oversweeping changes in how pet stores keep their animals, doing little things like talking to the pet store is awesome. Your pet store's changes may not be ideal, but at least the level of care is getting better--and that's a lot better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom