Peri's First Vet Visit

Tony_S

Chameleon Enthusiast
Found a local exotic vet about 20 minutes from my house. She used to work with the reptiles and tortoises at the Philadelphia zoo.

She asked me a lot of questions about Peri's. Such as what type of enclosure, feeders, gut loading, temps, humidity, and supplements. She was also very happy when I told her I researched everything months before getting him and after seeing a picture of my enclosure. She also told me that she sees a lot of sick chams from people buying them from the box stores and not knowing how to care for them.

Peri weighed 19 gr and his fecal was clean. I had a hard time getting him in the box then he didn't want to come out of it, lol. He showed some colors in the vet office besides the usual brown the he is in the box below.

Found a local exotic vet about 20 minutes from my house. She used to work with the reptiles and tortoises at the Philadelphia zoo.

She asked me a lot of questions about Peri's. Such as what type of enclosure, feeders, gut loading, temps, humidity, and supplements. She was also very happy when I told her I researched everything months before getting him and after seeing a picture of my enclosure. She also told me that she sees a lot of sick chams from people buying them from the box stores and not knowing how to care for them.

Peri weighed 19 gr and his fecal was clean. I had a hard time getting him in the box then he didn't want to come out of it, lol. He showed some colors in the vet office besides the usual brown the he is in the box below.

View attachment 247979
View attachment 247980
just wait his colors are gonna start going nuts! I am so happy to hear you found a great vet and that he is wonderfully healthy <3

It's so cool seeing them go from no colors to crazy colors. I remember thinking my breeder gave me a female or something because his colors were so bland at first.

10/29/18 (day I got him), 12/13/18, and 5/3/19
IMG_20181029_092710.jpg IMG_20181213_221430.jpg IMG_20190503_063647.jpg

Thanks, I am excited to see his colors come in and to watch them change as he gets older.

Back
Top Bottom