Percy Passed Away

NadyB

Hi all -

I'm at a loss. I came back from a 4 day vacation and found my 3-year-old Jackson dead at the bottom of the cage. My temperature ranges from 60-80 throughout the day with humidity varying from 50-70 (Mister sprayed 3 times a day). He had plenty of crickets in the cage to last him the trip. They were still some alive when i got back. Lights were on a timer for 12 hours from 6-6 and had a new UVB bulb in there before i left. One note is that his eyes were opend when i found him which surprised me, as i thought he would have passed with them shut if something was wrong.

I'm pretty torn up, but want to try to figure out what happend. Any ideas? : /

I am sorry for your loss. I agree with Kinyonga that a necropsy might give you some answers.

Also, it’s not a good idea to leave them along, anything could happen and no one there to help them.

I am sorry for your loss. I agree with Kinyonga that a necropsy might give you some answers.

Also, it’s not a good idea to leave them along, anything could happen and no one there to help them.
It's true - i normally have someone come in and check on him if its 4 days or more, but even in this case i'm not sure what my non-chameleon knowledgeable friends would have done differently. : /

Back
Top Bottom