Peely boi

Mel really doesn't like being sprayed, until he's shedding, and then he basks in it happily (well... as happily as a veiled can)
20201204_173253.jpg

He's too cute!
I would definitely recommend not spraying him when he sheds. I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that they are dry shedders. Like humans, when our dry skin gets wet it gets stuck to us and its harder for it to come off. I've never sprayed mine while he shed since I read that lol. But if its working for you and he's happy (which it seems he is) keep doing what you're doing!

He's too cute!
I would definitely recommend not spraying him when he sheds. I could be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that they are dry shedders. Like humans, when our dry skin gets wet it gets stuck to us and its harder for it to come off. I've never sprayed mine while he shed since I read that lol. But if its working for you and he's happy (which it seems he is) keep doing what you're doing!

His mister was just going off, I don't tend to hand mist, it offends him greatly lol but thank you for the tip! He seems mostly happy, always hard to tell with a veiled, but he eats aggressively and tries to bite me when I clean his cage so I figure we are good!!!

This morning i stepped into my boy putting his new suit on 🥰 its been a while so i felt a big weight off my shoulders as soon as i saw him squirming around tryin to get it off 🤣

Attachments

• 20201203_102518.jpg
    20201203_102518.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 57
This morning i stepped into my boy putting his new suit on 🥰 its been a while so i felt a big weight off my shoulders as soon as i saw him squirming around tryin to get it off 🤣
Mel had been a bit between sheds too, and he was hiding for two days and I was starting to get worried, then yesterday he was out and peely and I was like... oh thats why you were grumpy. I wonder if winter time slows down their shedding? You have a cute baby!!!!

Back
Top Bottom