Pee Pads

kj9

I have a bunch of pee pads used for housebreaking puppies left from earlier this summer. They'd fit perfectly in the bottom of my 18x18x36 reptibreeze cages & would make cleaning the bottoms pretty darn easy. Anyone have any thoughts as to why using them might be a bad idea? I haven't been able to come up with anything so far...?

Other than the pure cost of them, I wouldn't see a problem. Just change them out regularly to prevent bacteria/mold growth and you should be fine. :)

You would need to clean/remove them pretty often as the bacteria/mold would build up like Max said. Easier to just wipe and sanitize.

They would be fine, if you never get them wet. If they stay damp from misting, and its got little poops on it, and if you let the food run free...

Well that sounds like a disaster. On top of that most are scented to help the puppy aim.

PS: this is coming from someone with 2 chihuahua's that use wee wee pads during the day...

On the other hand the cham wont run around and tear up the pad like certain brown animals...

I was planning on changing 'em out daily. I definitely wouldn't buy them to use, but I figured it might be a good way to use up the ones I've got left over.

They would be fine, if you never get them wet. If they stay damp from misting, and its got little poops on it, and if you let the food run free...

Well that sounds like a disaster. On top of that most are scented to help the puppy aim.

PS: this is coming from someone with 2 chihuahua's that use wee wee pads during the day...

On the other hand the cham wont run around and tear up the pad like certain brown animals...

Mine tore their pads up once...they got their little noses bopped so quick.

Back
Top Bottom