Peanut

gary1621

Here is a snap of Peanut taken today between her misting and afternoon feed.
She walked around with the drip on her head for ages, constantly looking up at it before tilting her head and drinking it

May31st207.jpg

Aww! :D Peanut's such a cutie! Her and Amy could be twins!! I've been waiting for you to post some piccies!! Everyone loves baby cham photos! Love the big drip on her head! Bet she was trying to work out how to get it off! Haha!:D

Not to burst your bubble but....

What kind of lighting are you using for UVB? and what is your dusting schedule? She seems to have some mild MBD going on with the front leg looking like it does.

She is cute so lets keep it that way :)

See ya,

Todd

Thanks Tiff :D

I took a fair few snaps, just resized them so... here ya go ;)

Spot the Cham pic
May31st181.jpg

Whats that on my head?!
May31st189.jpg

She doesnt look too impressed!
May31st191.jpg

Grrr to the drip!
May31st195.jpg

May31st201.jpg

May31st203.jpg

May31st204.jpg

I think she spotted the camera
May31st206.jpg

:D :D :D

What kind of lighting are you using for UVB? and what is your dusting schedule? She seems to have some mild MBD going on with the front leg looking like it does.

See ya,

Todd

I'm with Todd.......that front leg looks funny. Tell us about your lighting and supplements. She's a little cutie alright and I wouldn't want to see anything bad happen to her. Jann

See ya,

Todd

:eek: Do you think so? :(
We have a Zoo Med Repti Sun 18" 5.0 UVB bulb in her set up.

We've only had her since the 12th of may, i'm gonna have a look at snaps from back then and see if there is a difference :(

I dust the roaches in her food cups daily with Nutrobal because she doesnt take from them, maybe two or three since we got her. She will take her waxies and mealworms from the cups though.
I dust her locust in a bag every other day before letting them loose to roam, she avoids the cups unless there is a worm in it, she hunts the locusts down with ease.

Damn i should have posted pics sooner, i want her to stay healthy and well!

How often is she 6-10 inches from her basking bulb with nothing in between her and it? I use my basking bulb to "lure" my chams up to the UVB bulbs. I also find a reflector is very helpful.(you can make one with aluminum foil using the dull looking side) Are you ever supplementing with a calcium that contains D3?

See Ya,

Todd

How often is she 6-10 inches from her basking bulb with nothing in between her and it? I use my basking bulb to "lure" my chams up to the UVB bulbs. I also find a reflector is very helpful.(you can make one with aluminum foil using the dull looking side) Are you ever supplementing with a calcium that contains D3?

See Ya,

Todd

Todd, she sits under the basking bulb every morning when the lights go on, after every misting and usually before she starts roosting and lights out. I've spotted her up by the bulb during other times of the day, but these are the usual times.

She sits/hides in the foliage that is along side part of the UV bulb. I was worried that it would get too hot being literally on top of it. Its here that she stalks her locust.

The Nutrobal contains D3

Would you recommend taking her out into the garden now that the weather is getting good? I was waiting until she felt more settled and comfortable with us before doing so

Remember that UVB does not pass through glass or plastic. So if you sun her make sure it is in direct sunlight. You should also make sure there isn't a plastic cover over the UVB lamp. Putting plants and things along where the UVB lamp is cuts down on how far the UVB will penetrate the cage. I would remove anything blocking the UVB lamp's light since your cham will hide from the light, lower in the cage when she feels she has had enough UVB.

hope she gets better.

Thank you so much for your replies :D Its a relief knowing you guys are here

I've moved the foliage from the end of the bulb which she wasnt best pleased about, but im sure she will get over that.

I have made sure she takes in some of her calcium by adding some meal worms to her cups, would it be ok to put 2 mealies in daily just to insure she gets some calcium?

SOmething else to consider, because this is what got hermie (or at least what a few reptile vets have told me). I simply grew him too fast. HE was getting his UVB, good supplementation, but I was feeding him far more than he "needed" and his bones were growing so (artificially) fast that they couldn't keep up calcium wise.

His front leg does worry me -- it looks MBD-like. It's not a death sentance, esp. if caught early and you get ontop of it! :) I'm MBD paranoid after hermie, so I would maybe recommend a trip to the vet if possible for some high concentration calcium to give her and poss. an xray to see how bad the bone density looks...

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom