PATTERNLESS panthers

Craigwyatt

Avid Member
image.jpeg
Id like to get some opinions on this. Last year I bought several baby panthers from a friend. This animal was in the bunch. He stuck out like a sore thumb. I said to myself this could be the first genetic pattern mutation for a chameleon. But I know that's a long shot. Well I ended up giving him to a friend. I knew I could put my hands on him again if I wanted. Well I forgot all about him.
Fast forward to 2 weeks ago ish. I bought more babies from the same friend and low and behold there's more!!! Now I have a few more. I'll post those pics in the reply. Does anyone think this could be genetic or am I crazy. They are pure ambilobi.
image.jpeg
I jokingly named the guy last year the "Zero morph".

I do not. My friend is keeping him at his sons house. I did just talk to him and he said he would get me a pic next time he goes there.

And yes. That's exactlly what I was thinking last year. Very similar some ankaramys. But no pink panthers in the bloodline. They are pure ambilobis.

By patternless do you mean no bars? I have a blue bar red body that lost all his blue bars, but he had them until he was almost 3 years old.
First pic is him at about 1 year, second pic from 2.5-3 years old. Notice he's not flared up in the second pic. You can see it's the same cham
by looking at the pattern of the lateral white line, especially at either end.
IMG_0590.JPG
IMG_2913.jpg

I have a baby are different color from all his clutch mate,white n stand out,I wonder if will turn out to be different :rolleyes:
20160531_180410.jpg

Dang Bob!!! He smokin hot!! Yes that's what I mean no bars. That's pretty wild that yours started off normal then lost his bars. Now let's imagine that this is genetic. Something like yours could be recreated. Wouldn't it be cool to have solid reds, yellows and every other Panther color.
I know there needs to be more breeding to see if it recreates itself but I'm hopeful now that I've seen more pop out from the same animal.

By patternless do you mean no bars? I have a blue bar red body that lost all his blue bars, but he had them until he was almost 3 years old.
First pic is him at about 1 year, second pic from 2.5-3 years old. Notice he's not flared up in the second pic. You can see it's the same cham
by looking at the pattern of the lateral white line, especially at either end.View attachment 158952View attachment 158954
He is beautiful!!! I am in love

I would like to see a bleach white chameleon with no bar nothing naked like albino baby bum, or half red and half white ,that will be freaking awesome,maybe someone already have that who knows:rolleyes:

I have a 10 month old whose not related to the all red ambilobe that could turn out all red someday and his colors are more intense.
IMG_3364 (1).jpg
But when I bred a daughter of the all red ambilobe to the sire of this ambilobe I got a few red body blue bars, but no all red males. This would all be a lot
easier if the females would somehow indicate what their dominant color genes are!!!

Personally I think the female is the most important part of the breeding program,they are not as noticeable as the males.

He has bars. You can faintly see them. He's just not showing them at that moment. That is extremely common for a nosy Mitsio. I think you might still be missing what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a Panther that can make his bars disappear sometimes. I am talking panthers that come out of the egg with out bars all together. Not something like a mood change that can hide them. I mean panthers that are born like this.

He has bars. You can faintly see them. He's just not showing them at that moment. That is extremely common for a nosy Mitsio. I think you might still be missing what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a Panther that can make his bars disappear sometimes. I am talking panthers that come out of the egg with out bars all together. Not something like a mood change that can hide them. I mean panthers that are born like this.

I belive that that is normal, but I could be wrong since panther babies are colorless or have a little color

Back
Top Bottom