Pascalli's cage update*

Thechamdad

Hello Everyone I hope all of you and your chami children are doing great ! , so I decided to add more branches to he's cage due to him getting bigger and heavier , I only added branches , I did not replace anything with the branches , he's becoming more used to me everyday feels so good to know he's starting to trust me , still struggling with the hand feed but patience is key .... just tought I share the update with all you wonderfull people and get opinions as well if I have indeed made a mistake or should change anything ... :-D
20220612_132117.jpg
20220612_132207.jpg
20220612_132040.jpg

Attachments

• 20220612_132153.jpg
    20220612_132153.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 43
What is the material you are using to cover the cage? If this is on the top panel do you have a solarmeter 6.5 to check the UVB output level in the cage?

What is the material you are using to cover the cage? If this is on the top panel do you have a solarmeter 6.5 to check the UVB output level in the cage?
It is mesh basically the same size as what you would get on a wire mesh , there is really not much difference between them besides one is wire and one is not , he's uvb is correct and shines in the whole cage ....ps ... that is not he's forever home as my little buddy is 4 months old so still growing , I also take him out for and hour a day during the week to get natural sun light.

It is mesh basically the same size as what you would get on a wire mesh , there is really not much difference between them besides one is wire and one is not , he's uvb is correct and shines in the whole cage ....ps ... that is not he's forever home as my little buddy is 4 months old so still growing , I also take him out for and hour a day during the week to get natural sun light.
My concern is most of those fabric mesh materials can greatly reduce and even remove all UVB output. Just because you see light does not mean that there is UVB. This is why I brought it up. The only way to know for sure is to have a solarmeter 6.5 to check the UVI output in the cage. When they are young having UVB on point is extremely important to ensure they do not develop MBD.

It also looks as though your not using the linear UVB fixture. If that is the case what fixture and bulb type are you using?

He's UVB is against he's mesh so there is proper amount of uvb voming through , I have not yet measured the uvb readings as I am not entirely sure which product in my country is the best and accurate .... thus far he has shown no signs of mbd , he's grip is firm and strong he is active alert eating very well , and he is currently going through a shedding , I will get a uvb measurement thing soon , my husband and I are in the process of moving so it is a bit choas but be assured that my little buds care is still 100% a number one priority and will always be no matter how busy I am ... I bought the same uvb and heat bulb that was recommended by tue breeding facility I bought him from it is the bulbs they use for theyre cham breeding and raising etc , I have a compact 26 w 5.0 uvb and a forsted 50 w heating lamp

Mbd takes months to be able to see it. By the time you can see it. It is severe and has done great damage to your chameleon. Best way to not end up that way is a t5ho uvb that goes across the whole cage. If your using a screen not listed that could block uvb a solar meter is required for the health of you chameleon. No breeder would use compact screw in uvb cause it would cause mbd egg laying problems tongue problems and so much more.

Mbd takes months to be able to see it. By the time you can see it. It is severe and has done great damage to your chameleon. Best way to not end up that way is a t5ho uvb that goes across the whole cage. If your using a screen not listed that could block uvb a solar meter is required for the health of you chameleon. No breeder would use compact screw in uvb cause it would cause mbd egg laying problems tongue problems and so much more.
Thank you for your advice but I also take him out during the day to get natural sunlight for ATLEAST an hour , and yes he does have shade available when he is outside roaming .... I am looking into getting the flaurescent bulb soon , but most of the petshops where I am from In South Africa is out of stock or does not have the correct one or only the 10 uvb which I know is too strong ,the holes in the mesh is about 2/3 mm each for good airflow.

Should be able to find online. Where I live can never get anything local always have to order my uvb bulbs online or goto a show. They always have the wrong bulbs in the store. Just about everything for my chameleons I have to order which sucks. So I always have to keep back up bulbs on hand. I use the arcadia 6% t5ho bulbs they last longer.

Should be able to find online. Where I live can never get anything local always have to order my uvb bulbs online or goto a show. They always have the wrong bulbs in the store. Just about everything for my chameleons I have to order which sucks. So I always have to keep back up bulbs on hand. I use the arcadia 6% t5ho bulbs they last longer.
I have most of the variety of things available except the uvb , which they at times have but as they get so they go again , clearly a lot of people has some reptile kiddies lol.... but also just to mention .... this is not his perminant cage , my husband and I built this in the 4 day time frame I had before he arrived my original plan was screen mesh but I was not able to find any so I went on the search to find what second best for what was available for me at the time .. and I must say everything is still great in 3 day's it will be he's first month home ... but yes I am planing to get the flaurescent uvb asap

Back
Top Bottom