Parsons incubation

SurfPanther

2.5 months at 73...2 weeks to adust to phase 2 ....phase 2 2.5 months at 62° and 2 weeks to adjust to phase 3.....phase 3 10 months at 73° 74° 2 weeks to adjust back down to 62° for final diapause for 2.5 months...then 2 weeks to raise back up to 75° 76° until hatched

Basically for diapause i stay at 60-62°
This method has worked well for me. I'm just curious what everybody else does

23 months.... about 65% the first time.... about 70% the second time.... using that method. I did have one other experience where I raised the diapause temperature and the eggs hatched after about 18 months however the percentage was about 45%

That’s way too long and a poor hatch rate. If you do a search on this forum a member (Garrett) posted his incubation schedule and temperatures. I would suggest using that. Eggs should hatch at around 16 months if done right.

No...18 to 22 months is normal....and every year is different based on barometric pressure.
Calumma parsonii (Cuvier, 1824) or Parson's chameleon: keeping and ... https://bion.com.ua/wp-content/uplo...-and-reproducing-at-BION-Terrarium-Center.pdf
That’s way too long and a poor hatch rate. If you do a search on this forum a member (Garrett) posted his incubation schedule and temperatures. I would suggest using that. Eggs should hatch at around 16 months if done right.

I have yet to see consistant data showing 18 months as normal.... unless you have results spanning over about ten years with hatch % and time and temps and humidity i havent seen

Id love to look at data from dozens and dozens of clutches to see how i can improve for sure....but until i see proven results im not changing a thing lol

Id love to look at data from dozens and dozens of clutches to see how i can improve for sure....but until i see proven results im not changing a thing lol
No worries. I’ve been hatching parsons for 8 years. Sixteen months is what to shoot for imo. There have been clutches hatched at 14 months and many hatched from 16 months on. I had an egg go 26
months once before hatching but I think incubation times longer than 16 months are due to not having incubation parameters right.

You didn’t answer the question about what your name is and if you are in the US. Is it a secret? I’m just curious because I’d like to know if there are other successful breeders in the US I don’t know about.

No worries. I’ve been hatching parsons for 8 years. Sixteen months is what to shoot for imo. There have been clutches hatched at 14 months and many hatched from 16 months on. I had an egg go 26
months once before hatching but I think incubation times longer than 16 months are due to not having incubation parameters right.

You didn’t answer the question about what your name is and if you are in the US. Is it a secret? I’m just curious because I’d like to know if there are other successful breeders in the US don’t know about.
Im in AZ. Ive had successful clutches, about four total. I had parsons about 8 yrs ago and recently got back into parsons and oustalets...so i posted my incubation cycle to see whats been changed.... I don't give my name out on forums.. also I'm not really breeding them for money. Just pure enjoyment. I like the challenge of it. But I've also had so many people between Facebook groups and online forums tell me which method is the best method and I just don't trust anybody because nobody gives me the actual cycle they use and the exact hatch rate percentages and humidity adjustments and diapause. And the ones that do tell me what they are are all different from each other. So it's really tough to know who to believe. So I try to just gather as much information as possible and learn as much as I can and constantly monitor the weather patterns in the areas where they are actually from in Madagascar

16 to 18 months definitely sounds better than 20 to 24. I'm sure I could do it I just would really want to see recorded data that somebody has kept with all of the results and every single aspect of the incubation cycle recorded

Search these forums for the user I suggested and you will find the incubation parameters you need. They’ve been posted on here for years. It’s pretty much what all the successful people have used. I started there and made changes as I went along. My hatch rate for viable eggs is pretty much 100% consistently for years. I already know who you are. Good luck.

So your Craig I assume. Well I just joined this forum recently so I'll check it out. Well hopefully I can get those numbers closer to 100%, I'm going to be giving away every single animal to very carefully selected individuals in the hopes of getting the population in the United States to viable numbers so we don't have to be importing them. So yeah I'm not in it for the money.

Search these forums for the user I suggested and you will find the incubation parameters you need. They’ve been posted on here for years. It’s pretty much what all the successful people have used. I started there and made changes as I went along. My hatch rate for viable eggs is pretty much 100% consistently for years. I already know who you are. Good luck.
We don’t call you Calumma Craig for nothing! :)

Back
Top Bottom