Parson's chameleons...

You said..."Calumma parsonii parsonii have seasonal migrations/movements?!? I recall there was a reference cited for that observation too."...interesting that they might migrate. I've never heard that before...but that doesn't surprise me.

That surprises me. Normally seasonal movements to feed are done from birds, mammals, fish and some insects species. Seasonal movements in reptiles is normally to my knowledge only for breeding. This observation is an exception to that norm.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Parson's chameleons and other reptiles... film...

The movie is not showing. I have seen all the Bion Parson's Chameleon Films. I think I have posted all three films on the Parsonii Group on the Calumma sub Forums.

There is some important conservation issue's that the films talk somewhat about.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

That new article is a good general article about Calumma parsonii parsonii. This is an European article and they talk more about the phases/morphs of the nominate form of Calumma parsonii parsonii. That was something the other article forgot to mention. I only found two things that were off. On paragraph 2 the maximum weight of Calumma parsonii parsonii is not 750 grams, it is over 1000 grams. Then on paragraph 8 Calumma parsonii parsonii do not lay from between 20-40 eggs I have heard reports of from between 20-60 eggs. This article is a good however much easier to read than the first article.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom