Parson's Chameleon (C. parsonii)

KevinN1

Hey there everyone :), I'm just posting to see if anyone here is the proud owner of a parson's chameleon? I've seen countless pictures of all your guys' beautiful chams here on the forums and they never cease to amaze me. If possible, I would LOVE to see a picture of a parson's chameleon if anyone here has one. Preferably a full grown one just to see exactly how big they can get! :D

Here is Bentley.
adasutyj.jpg
qy7umasy.jpg
eze9equg.jpg

WOW!!! Your chams look awesome!! Wayne, your enclosure is beyond amazing! And my jaw hit the floor when I saw Bentley! His stripes are remarkably cool! Thanks for those pictures guys :D I encourage others to post more if they can :)

He is awesome and seems to still be growing. He is 2 years old now.

How much does Bentley eat? My big male Popeye eats every other day, either a large dubia or about 5-6 large crickets or a medium hornworm. It's funny though, he's pretty particular about the size of insect that he eats. It can't be too large or too small; he'll ignore it if it is. Talk about being high maintenance!

How much does Bentley eat? My big male Popeye eats every other day, either a large dubia or about 5-6 large crickets or a medium hornworm. It's funny though, he's pretty particular about the size of insect that he eats. It can't be too large or too small; he'll ignore it if it is. Talk about being high maintenance!

Lol I think they are all like that when it comes to feeders. The last time my boy eat crickets was a few months back and he would eat 2 dozen and want more. But he won't look at crickets as food anymore I guess they are to small. Now he eats every other day 6 huge dubia in morning and in the afternoon 2 Florida giant katydids and either 4 hornworms or silk worms. I also alternate roaches to like Halloween hissers , Madagascar hissers, discoids, cave roaches giant and normal and stick bugs for a snake from time to time. And in the summer when I breed grasshoppers he can eat a dozen or more in one day.

Lol I think they are all like that when it comes to feeders. The last time my boy eat crickets was a few months back and he would eat 2 dozen and want more. But he won't look at crickets as food anymore I guess they are to small. Now he eats every other day 6 huge dubia in morning and in the afternoon 2 Florida giant katydids and either 4 hornworms or silk worms. I also alternate roaches to like Halloween hissers , Madagascar hissers, discoids, cave roaches giant and normal and stick bugs for a snake from time to time. And in the summer when I breed grasshoppers he can eat a dozen or more in one day.

Goodness! That's a beast of an appetite! What a great variety too. I need to start mixing mine up more too.

Goodness! That's a beast of an appetite! What a great variety too. I need to start mixing mine up more too.

Yeah I figured he would have slowed down on food but he seems to be getting a bigger appetite. I think it's because he is always getting different feeders so it stimulates him to eat more. One thing funny about him is he is scared to death of hawk moths and butterfly's he will try to break the cage down to get away from them.

that's funny. is breeding grasshoppers hard to do?

No it's very easy. Set up a screen cage with fake leaves and sticks. Mist them every other day and feed them bramble like rose leaves and romain lettuce put a small sand bin on the bottom and that's we're they lay there eggs incubate them at 85 and they will hatch at different times some a few weeks others a year. It really depends on the species of hopper you are breeding. Seasonal plag species like greenbird grasshoppers the eggs only hatch one or two times a year they also only breed one to two times a year from what I have seen. If you can find a grasshopper that is seen in all seasons like a differnal grasshopper or peppered grasshopper they are like crickets and will breed and lay eggs around the clock all year and you can keep a coloney going.

Here is one of Bentleys main treats. Florida giant katydids.
IMAG0203_zpse76a9293.jpg

Chamandbugpics145-1.jpg

Here is pet katydids I raise they are only pets not feeders but they are huge and the only carnivorous katydid out there called a red eyed devil they eat crickets and other bugs
018-3.jpg

001-6.jpg

004-9.jpg

No it's very easy. Set up a screen cage with fake leaves and sticks. Mist them every other day and feed them bramble like rose leaves and romain lettuce put a small sand bin on the bottom and that's we're they lay there eggs incubate them at 85 and they will hatch at different times some a few weeks others a year. It really depends on the species of hopper you are breeding. Seasonal plag species like greenbird grasshoppers the eggs only hatch one or two times a year they also only breed one to two times a year from what I have seen. If you can find a grasshopper that is seen in all seasons like a differnal grasshopper or peppered grasshopper they are like crickets and will breed and lay eggs around the clock all year and you can keep a coloney going.

yeah, i wish it was legal for companies to sell grasshoppers.

Back
Top Bottom