Parsonii whole room enclosure

I can't wait to see one up close. I mainly got the YL for the larger size/personality, but I'd like to one day see an orange eye. I feel like even though chams are great in pictures, they're even more mind blowing in person.

I can't wait to see one up close. I mainly got the YL for the larger size/personality, but I'd like to one day see an orange eye. I feel like even though chams are great in pictures, they're even more mind blowing in person.
Yes this is very true the OE are just amazing looking when adults. I love their color right now I have a couple pairs of both and it's hard to say which I like more.

Before everyone gets too excited here. Parsonii (even outside of meetings for breeding) when kept communally can become extremely stressed. I have know multiple keepers here in central California that have kept Calumma parsonii parsonii communally for some period without problems. However long term these colonies in large colonies have not lasted. I would proceed cautiously especially when mixing large numbers of Calumma parsonii parsonii and Yellow Lip and Orange Eye Calumma parsonii parsonii together. Especially as my Yellow Lip and Orange Eyes Calumma parsonii parsonii have already shown they have requirements and separate habits. That consideration alone is a major concern for cohabitation.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Before everyone gets too excited here. Parsonii (even outside of meetings for breeding) when kept communally can become extremely stressed. I have know multiple keepers here in central California that have kept Calumma parsonii parsonii communally for some period without problems. However long term these colonies in large colonies have not lasted. I would proceed cautiously especially when mixing large numbers of Calumma parsonii parsonii and Yellow Lip and Orange Eye Calumma parsonii parsonii together. Especially as my Yellow Lip and Orange Eyes Calumma parsonii parsonii have already shown they have requirements and separate habits. That consideration alone is a major concern for cohabitation.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
You Obviously didnt read the whole post and that is why I hate posting on this site are my I haven't in a long time is because of people like you. If your gonna post something read every post don't just lost something because your an annoying know it all. If you can't read and then reply do not post on my stuff again.

What about mold? Being an interior room with high humidity and mistings, I would think it would grow all over the walls and ceiling. Or have you thought of that too? And if so, what did you do?

You Obviously didnt read the whole post and that is why I hate posting on this site are my I haven't in a long time is because of people like you. If your gonna post something read every post don't just lost something because your an annoying know it all. If you can't read and then reply do not post on my stuff again.

I really don't think there was anything out of line in his comment. If there's one thing I hate about this site it's the trend of people taking one person's success or appearance of success as permission to try and replicate it. Yes you stated you divided the room, but there are also pictures that will give people bad ideas for their own projects.

All that said, I like the set up. I'm personally a big fan of large free ranges for chameleons and I think they do best that way as long as the important bases are covered.

What about mold? Being an interior room with high humidity and mistings, I would think it would grow all over the walls and ceiling. Or have you thought of that too? And if so, what did you do?
I simple wipe down the walls with a very light chlorhexidine solution to fix that problem although the walls somehow never get wet during misting session.

I really don't think there was anything out of line in his comment. If there's one thing I hate about this site it's the trend of people taking one person's success or appearance of success as permission to try and replicate it. Yes you stated you divided the room, but there are also pictures that will give people bad ideas for their own projects.

All that said, I like the set up. I'm personally a big fan of large free ranges for chameleons and I think they do best that way as long as the important bases are covered.
I may have read his post wrong but to me it sounded like he was telling me what and what not to do which obviously if I built something like this I have been doing this for awhile and didn't just wake up one morning and decided to make a whole room into a free foam chameleon room. But then again maybe I read his post wrong.

I may have read his post wrong but to me it sounded like he was telling me what and what not to do which obviously if I built something like this I have been doing this for awhile and didn't just wake up one morning and decided to make a whole room into a free foam chameleon room. But then again maybe I read his post wrong.

Im not taking sides at all. I just read it more as a warning for people who see what you've got going on and start getting ideas of their own.

So it's ridiculous for people to try and do what other successful people have done? Not following that logic, no disrespect, just confusing statement

I think it really depends on what's being kept, Parsons are still pretty much a mystery. If a seasoned keeper has success doing something, I have no business questioning it. But if a person is keeping 5 Panthers in a cage together, then I think they should be called out.

I think it really depends on what's being kept, Parsons are still pretty much a mystery. If a seasoned keeper has success doing something, I have no business questioning it. But if a person is keeping 5 Panthers in a cage together, then I think they should be called out.
I completely agree alot of info out there on Parsonii I have found to be wrong. I even know a guy that has been keeping groups of Parsonii in greenhouses and they are all doing amazing but then again they are huge greenhouses.

So it's ridiculous for people to try and do what other successful people have done? Not following that logic, no disrespect, just confusing statement

I guess I could have worded better. I meant to imply that people see one persons success and then try to replicate it in a half a$$ manner.

It seems to happen here a lot that people look for permission to do one thing because they saw something else. Keeping 2 parsons in a whole room quickly becomes someone trying to do it in a 6' custom cage or big bird cage or something.

It gives people the impression that they can do a little less and get a similar result.

Oh yeah I see what you mean and I completely agree. Btw I hope you guys didn't think I planned on doing this lol, I was simply curious

Back
Top Bottom