Parsonii getting bigger- slowly

Twitchet

Chameleon Enthusiast
Weighed Parsnip toady- I was delighted to see we are making progress- he was 246g on 2.2.17 and today he's 289g so I'm well pleased- i thought he was looking a little bigger and fuller - it must be all those silkworms @Remkon (y)

He was so small when I got him

Oh no that was a baby pygmy - sorry.:ROFLMAO:

Here he is in June 16 at 10months at 55g- that cable tie is about 5mm so you can see he's teeny- time goes and you forget just how small they are when you first get them.

Oops not Parsnip 'toady' but Parsnip today, typing too quick!
He is sept 2015 CBB, small when I got him but I've been feeding him up. I'm pleased with how he is doing.

That's great he likes silkworms. My Parsonii (all of them) don't much care for silkworms and only rarely eat them. My Cristifers and Globifers love them though. He's looking great by the way.

Thanks Felix, I'm always worrying he isn't eating enough but he's a secret eater- I catch him sometimes with a mouthful of roach or locust and I think I've been worrying about you for nothing! :LOL::mad:
Hoping yours is doing well too, he's about the same age I think?

That's great he likes silkworms. My Parsonii (all of them) don't much care for silkworms and only rarely eat them. My Cristifers and Globifers love them though. He's looking great by the way.
Thanks- He'd eat nothing but them given half a chance, They are strange - the female has eaten locust after locust for a week - takes them very quickly- this morning she decides no more- wouldn't eat them- offered a roach and she took it immediately, they do like their variety- she loves sticks and snails too.

It's so funny, I think the Parsons look so huge and then I hear their weights and I am like... My blue tongue is heavier than that and he still has a year of weight growth to put on yet XD but I have one of the larger species of blueys. Omg but I totally understand what you mean about larger species being so tiny when you first get them and forgetting. My bluey (chronos) was only a mere 45 grams when I got him if I remember correctly and I found a picture the other day where he fit in the palm of my hand. Now he's easily over 300 grams and takes up my entire forearm <3

It's so funny, I think the Parsons look so huge and then I hear their weights and I am like... My blue tongue is heavier than that and he still has a year of weight growth to put on yet XD but I have one of the larger species of blueys. Omg but I totally understand what you mean about larger species being so tiny when you first get them and forgetting. My bluey (chronos) was only a mere 45 grams when I got him if I remember correctly and I found a picture the other day where he fit in the palm of my hand. Now he's easily over 300 grams and takes up my entire forearm <3
In the Parsons defense... Your blue tongue doesn't live in a tree.;);)

Oh no trust me, their size is impressive for purely tree dwellers and especially for chameleons and they are so amazing. I love the Parsons and can't wait until I can have them. Technically they need more room. As a minimum than blueys do. It's just so surprising sometimes hearing their weights because they truly do just look like so much bigger sometimes. <3 beautiful elephants of the chameleon world. Parsnip is looking great. He's only a year right?

Thanks Felix, I'm always worrying he isn't eating enough but he's a secret eater- I catch him sometimes with a mouthful of roach or locust and I think I've been worrying about you for nothing! :LOL::mad:
Hoping yours is doing well too, he's about the same age I think?

Actually he's younger I had him in my care for 8 months.I acquired him around three months old so I think he around 1??

Thanks all for your comments, :)
Felix may I ask what weight your boy is now and age,
My boys hatch day was September 2015. He was a bit undersized when I got him June 2016 at 69g so since then he has put on 25 g approx a month, don't know whether that's good or bad really.

My boys hatch day was September 2015. He was a bit undersized when I got him June 2016 at 69g so since then he has put on 25 g approx a month, don't know whether that's good or bad really.

Honestly I think that is pretty good (especially since he was undersized). I have never owned a Parson's but they are a giant species and have a long life span, but also take much longer to reach maturity. Then you take into account they are a montane species and montanes take forever to grow anyway. I mean even meller's take a while to grow.

So it's true if you feed them they grow.:p
He is very handsome.
Oh if only it were that simple- I got my first veiled after i got the parsons- the veiled amazed me for his ease of feeding-get food- add to cage- chameleon eats-and eats and eats-eats all - eats anything- always eats- sorted- but with the parsons nothing is ever that easy- change the position of a leaf:eek: and they don't eat at their usual time, move a branch?!:eek: , they like different foods:), they won't try different foods!:mad:
You get to understand them but I'm always aware if he misses a meal will he eat the next time? I;m paranoid and actually he's doing very well but there's always doubt!:rolleyes::)

IMG_0383.JPG
IMG_0874.JPG

Sure he about 1year old and weight a 212gm.. He was a WC baby when I first got him just 3 months of age at 14gm July2016, 35gm Sep, 61gm Oct, 85gm Nov, 134gm Dec the holidays venge eating Lol.. Forget Jan but 189gm Fed, 212gm Mar 2017... So a little over 20+gm a month sound right...

Hi Felix- Thank you so much for those dates and weights- I'm going to write them down and keep them, really helpful and I'm pleased to see 20g+ is looking good.
I weighed the female today - first time since sept16 when she was 460g - guess what she weighed?
560g I have a horrid feeling she's gravid- she's huge so I'm going to be mega stressed when that all kicks off!:eek:
Thanks again for the help :),

Back
Top Bottom