Parasites?

Yoshi_the_Veiled

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled male. Previous owners couldn't tell me his age, but I have had him for a month.
  • Handling - Never, unless I have to.
  • Feeding - Crickets and Dubia roaches every day, superworms every other day. I gutload them with greens like mustard and collard. The roaches are given in a feeding cup, and the crickets are set free in his cage. He has also been eating his Pothos plant recently.
  • Supplements - Exoterra supplements. Calcium w/o D3 every day, with D3 every other week, and multivitamin twice a month.
  • Watering - I have been hand misting, and I just received a MistKing yesterday.
  • Fecal Description - He has been having normal poo, with urates, until the last poo.
  • History - Came from a home that was neglecting him. He was starving and dehydrated when I rescued him.

Current Problem - He just had a normal poo, and right after that had diarrhea with some red. It also smelled pretty bad. Could this be from parasites?

Last edited:
here is a pic
poo.JPG

Last edited:
Okay, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an emergency. He is still eating fine and moving around plenty. The nearest vet is about 40 minutes away, so I probably won't be able to take him until next week. Thank you

The vet visit would be advised, however, if it were on my bill, I would want to see whet the next deuce looks like before dishing out the money. Just like people, diarrhea could just be something didn't agree with you and is a 1 time occurrence, or you could be something serious. I don't rush myself to the ER each time I have and issue thinking its ebola so I'm not rushing to the vet each time my pets do either.

The vet visit would be advised, however, if it were on my bill, I would want to see whet the next deuce looks like before dishing out the money. Just like people, diarrhea could just be something didn't agree with you and is a 1 time occurrence, or you could be something serious. I don't rush myself to the ER each time I have and issue thinking its ebola so I'm not rushing to the vet each time my pets do either.
I see your point, however he has never been taken to the vet before, so a check up might be a good idea. I will keep watching his poo.

I see your point, however he has never been taken to the vet before, so a check up might be a good idea. I will keep watching his poo.
where else can someone say, "I will keep watching his poo" and no one bats an eye? I mainly didn't want you to feel bad since you cant take him until next week. There are people who will try to make you feel that way. Not talking about Brody either, he/she is cool. Anyway, the safe bet is the vet business but if you wait and watch the poo, I would do the same.

where else can someone say, "I will keep watching his poo" and no one bats an eye? I mainly didn't want you to feel bad since you cant take him until next week. There are people who will try to make you feel that way. Not talking about Brody either, he/she is cool. Anyway, the safe bet is the vet business but if you wait and watch the poo, I would do the same.
For the record, defanitly a he...

I wouldn't panic over the occasional floppy poo. Blood in the stool probably doesn't require an emergency visit without any other major symptoms but needs to be checked out. Do yourself, your vet and your cham a favor and take a sample with you. Since you can't rely on them to go when you want them to scoop up any that he has a day or two before the visit and refrigerate them to take with you. Other wise your vet will have to extract some.:eek:

I wouldn't panic over the occasional floppy poo. Blood in the stool probably doesn't require an emergency visit without any other major symptoms but needs to be checked out. Do yourself, your vet and your cham a favor and take a sample with you. Since you can't rely on them to go when you want them to scoop up any that he has a day or two before the visit and refrigerate them to take with you. Other wise your vet will have to extract some.:eek:

Will do, thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom