Parasites

Ican

Looks like Maggie has some parisites. The vet informed me he found a good amount of "strongiles" (spelled wrong i'm sure) in her fecal exam. Any advice on what to do to help with clearing these up, besides the panacur, and what to look out for with her as far as adverse effects would be much appreciated. I just administered her first treatment and have another syringe which I was told to give two weeks from today.

Panacur should take care of it. As long as she doesn't have any visible ones under the skin that will be enough

Nothing visable, paristes found in fecal exam. Vet wasn't much help and promptly dropped her within the first miniute with us. He didn't give me any advice on what to look out for with her recovery or if I will need to do anything with enclosure. She is currently doing fine after first treatment, eating and drinking, but does seem a little stressed from excessive handling the last week between the vet and myself administering meds. Feel free to chime in with any relative advice you might have.

I just got back from the vet with my veiled who has a parasite too.

If you want to keep him clean you likely need to throw out everything in your enclosure, and/or scrub it down really good with bleach and water.

These were the instructions for my particular parasite, it may not be the same with yours.

They can be re-infected by their own enclosure. My vets instructions were to gut and clean the enclosure on the second to last day of treatment, but my treeatment is every day for 7 days, and it's flagyl, not panacur. So there may be some differences.

Take this all with salt as we obviously have two different parasites going on. Someone with more experience may want to weigh in.

Back
Top Bottom