Panthers & veg

Trinacham

I just offered my Panther a tiny bit of carrot and he ate it. I know Panthers don't usually eat fruit and veg but is it SAFE for them if they do like it?

Yes. Some panthers will eat fruit and veggies, it's just the species itself that's not known for it. There are alway exceptions! If he's willing to eat veggies, try kale and collard greens.

I know this thread is kind of old, but just wanted to pull it back up. I have two Ambilobe panthers, brother and sister, that I raised that are always VERY anxious to eat whatever I have to offer, even if it may be my finger ;) Today I was curious and decided to offer them some squash. Low and behold, now we will be experimenting with other fruits and veggies. Both of these guys have tongue shooting issues, so I wonder if their dependency on me for food, has anything to do with their willingness to try something out of the ordinary.

I know this thread is kind of old, but just wanted to pull it back up. I have two Ambilobe panthers, brother and sister, that I raised that are always VERY anxious to eat whatever I have to offer, even if it may be my finger ;) Today I was curious and decided to offer them some squash. Low and behold, now we will be experimenting with other fruits and veggies. Both of these guys have tongue shooting issues, so I wonder if their dependency on me for food, has anything to do with their willingness to try something out of the ordinary.

I've noticed when I hand feed my guys will take about anything offered.

I had the same experience with both my male and female panther. So far they have eaten squash, collards, carrot, grapes and apple. I was so surprised the first time i nearly yanked it out of the males mouth. He will only do this once every couple of weeks though. The female will eat whatever i put out there.

My Nosy Be, Will, eats anything I offer him. He will eat from a bowl or from my hand. He loves grapes the best. I put a large piece of turnip greens on his vine yesterday. He tasted it, apperantly didn't like it. He actually picked it up with his 'hand' and dropped it outside the cage door. LOL

Yeah, grapes can have that effect. I haven't had that problem though, I usually only give them to him as a treat about once a week. He will eat banana and apple too.

Back
Top Bottom