Panthers not eating

Foist

Just got in two WC Panthers, currently have them set up outside in the natural sunlight. They were eating fine the first two days I had them. Suddenly they are not showing much interest in food. Indiana, around 80 degrees. being watered every hour or so. They are still drinking fine, still active. Just not interested in eating anymore. I tried to switch up the feeder and that didn't work. They have been in the US for over a year and have both had panacur.

How many days has it been without them eating? And how old are? It's not that unusual for a chameleon to go a couple days without eating, especially if they're over a year old.

You have them in separate enclosure, right?

How many days has it been without them eating? And how old are? It's not that unusual for a chameleon to go a couple days without eating, especially if they're over a year old.

You have them in separate enclosure, right?
They are more than likely around 2 years old, the male ate one cricket yesterday and then stopped, and the female has gone 2 days without eating, and yes they are in separate enclosures. I have a towel hanging over one side of the females cage so they cannot see each other.

I live in Indiana as well and this may sound strange, but sometimes when the seasons change, my cham does this too and then after a few days will be fine.

But just like Syreptyon said, it really isn’t uncommon for them to go a few days without eating. Most reptiles are like that due to a combination of slower metabolisms and them being opportunistic eaters in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom