Panther's back legs weak

Cindy if you would answer what kind of supplement schedule you are on that would be very helpful.

Let us know EXACTLY what kind of supplements you use. That includes if it is Calcium and D3, or just calcium, or what vitamin supplement, etc.

Too much D3 can cause paralysis in hind legs because a d3 overdose can cancel the absorption of calcium.

You really need to have a balanced diet to prevent things like this from happening, but also it could be impaction from the substrate you were using.

He may be impacted, consult a vet immediately, find one that has some expertise in exotics

Your cage looks small for his age, For a male panther chameleon MINIMUM size is 48X24X24"

25% humidity as a constant humidity is quite low, try to keep it at a steady 40-50% and during misting up to 80%

You dont seem to have UV Bulb, THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, this is how they produce D3. Get a 5.0 UVB light tube, dont get the bulbs as some people say they cause eye problems.

Your heat bulbs also dont seem to be high enough wattage to keep a good heat, you need a basking spot of 90 degrees F. and a steady temp of around 70-80 F.

The legs dont look like he has MBD to me either, but it may be early stages of calcium defitientcy.

If you wana strenthen him more before you bring him to the vet (Bring him to the vet, from what you explain your conditions to be it sounds like a good idea) you should, give him a oral calcium supplement daily or every other day. Dust his crickets with a Calcium without D3 supplement every day OR use Repashy calcium plus every day.

Good luck, i hope he gets better

although it was very old I am glad you brought it up cause i learned a few things from reading this so it was only a partial Fail lol

Back
Top Bottom