panthers and the market in the uk.

Curlytails

Established Member
ive seen ambilobes go for 400 dollars and other locales go for much higher prices. there is also nearly none available in stores. would it be smart to breed these species in the uk to increase the amount of cb chameleons? (not going for profit here).

Do you mean there are none in stores in the UK?

Only one of the 3 stores I visited in Manchester actually had reptiles and they had a young ambilobe female. Another store owner told us many pet stores in the UK don't stock reptiles because a lot of people buy directly from breeders.

I think you could add benefit to the market by breeding Panthers if you are strengthening bloodlines and not doing any inbreeding. Do a search of the UK breeders on here, there are quite a few. I don't know if you know Chameleon World Muji and Krayzee Chamz. Between the 2 of them they have quite a number of panther locales.

If you are able to get your hands on Europe CB animals then I'd definitely breed them for adding to the UK gene pool.

Do you mean there are none in stores in the UK?

Only one of the 3 stores I visited in Manchester actually had reptiles and they had a young ambilobe female. Another store owner told us many pet stores in the UK don't stock reptiles because a lot of people buy directly from breeders.

I think you could add benefit to the market by breeding Panthers if you are strengthening bloodlines and not doing any inbreeding. Do a search of the UK breeders on here, there are quite a few. I don't know if you know Chameleon World Muji and Krayzee Chamz. Between the 2 of them they have quite a number of panther locales.

If you are able to get your hands on Europe CB animals then I'd definitely breed them for adding to the UK gene pool.
i do know about chameleon world muji. well theres an opportunity for me to help out the hobby:)

Back
Top Bottom