Panther setup, how's it look?

pinsetter1991

Hey guys, I've been reading through a bunch of threads and i feel like i have my little guys cage set up pretty well, but i'm open to suggestions and/or criticism! here's whats in it...
I got two of the branches from kammerflage creations, the other two are grape vine branches from my yard, they were dried out, baked for about 10 minutes and then rinsed off... i think they are fine right? we don't use pesticides.

i have a pothos in the back that i washed well with slightly soapy water, then rinsed well, replaced top layer with some gravel... same for the umbrella plant.
The plant hanging from the branch in the middle is a Tillandsia air plant, according to other threads they're safe.

the other plants are plastic.

UVB 5.0 and 75W repti basking light. about 90-ish degrees under the lamp, and around 68-70 at the bottom of the cage

humidity changes between 40 to 60% throughout the day from the mistking.

I think thats about it, this is my first panther, and one of my first chameleons so I don't have a whole lot of experience, but i wanna make sure im doing everything right :)

My chameleon is 2 and a half to 3 months old btw, thanks in advance for comments/suggestions!

11862113993_16bd3e796b_c.jpg

11862261614_2fc039b5ce_z.jpg

Temperature is a little high, should aim for mid 80's for a panther that young, and a little more foliage in the center for shade when he wants it would be good.. other than that it looks good

Congrats one your first chameleons and panther! Glad to see you are willing to post your setup for review so you can provided the best for your little one. Did you get him from the Kammers as well?

As for the cage, I would place some more plants in the middle. Whether real or fake he would benefit from some extra foliage to hide in. Also, I'm a fan of vines as they provide not only extra areas to rest on but also grants access to all areas of the cage that can't really be reached without climbing the screen. I would look into adding some fake vines throughout the cage for him.

I like the perches and I really like your air plants. More live plants gets my vote and very nice looking Cham.

Back
Top Bottom