Panther Set-Up

scchameleon

Here is my juvenile male panther's set-up. After reading many threads on this site I have designed the following set-up. I bought the 24x24x48 enclosure with the Mistking 2 head attachment. On the top of the enclosure there are 3 lights: 2 domes with a heat lamp in one and a Reptisun 5.0 in the other I also have a 6500k grow light for my 3rd light. To the left of the lights I have designed a drip system from a 4 gallon plastic trash can, plastic tubing and a ball valve to control the drip. I also made a DIY stand out of 1 inch PVC pipe. I also have a plastic container under the enclosure for drainage purposes.

So how's it look?

Chameleons Northwest is shipping my little guy on Monday. Can't wait til next week! Adding plants this weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 216
Looks great! Good job! Nice drip system, I have a little dripper:( I'm gonna build a diy one soon. I can't wait to see you chameleon when you get it, be sure to post pictures! Good luck!:D

Kaija thanks for the comment. The dripper was easy to make and inexspensive as well. Trash can was 5 bucks, tubing was 3 and threaded fitting and ball valve fitting was around 2 dollars each. Got just over 10 dollars in it. I am hoping I will only have to fill the dripper up once a week, maybe twice. Everything about this system is designed with low maintenance and up keep in mind. I just want to enjoy my little guy as much as possible.

Everything was found at Lowes

Completed Dry Set-up

So I finished the dry set-up last night. I added the 10 gallon bucket and Mistking. I also added side panels on 3 sides to help with drainage and water spraying everywhere from misters.

Pretty excited about adding plants and vines this weekend. That will also give the system 2 days to run before the little guy is here on Tuesday morning.

Attachments

• Dry Set-Up.JPG
    Dry Set-Up.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 155
Looks great. :)

Remember though, stagnant water turns bad realy fast, i wouldn't want any of our chams or other animals to be drinking water that has been standing around for almost a week.

So I got everything complete today. Added an umbrella plant in the rear. A huge pathos vine that takes over the cage more then I thought it would. I also have a wondering Jew that is covering most of the bottom of the cage. I hope it gets enough light down there. I also added many vines and branches throughout the cage. I added another grow light to help give the plants the light they will need.

I have a misting schedule of: 9:00 2 min, noon 3 min, 3:00 3 min, and 6:00 2 min.

I checked temps and basking vine was at 92 degrees. Temp was around 78 at the bottom of the cage.

Would love to hear opinions.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 187
Back
Top Bottom