Panther Scratching at the Glass constantly ??

Hello My Panther chameleon is constantly scratching at the glass... But why ? hes a very friendly lizard "always has ants in his pants" i just want to know if this behavior he is demonstating is a sign of incorrect husbandry ect.

My details are as follows:

Panther Chameleon (Furcifer Pardalis) Age:1 Yr and been in my care since hatch

Handle my chameleon at times he chooses aka Scratching at glass (which is almost everyday)

I feed him a veriety of feeders but consists of Dubia Roaches, Locusts every other day gutloaded and wax worms every now and then as a treat

both use Habistat brand, Calcium (no phosphorus) every feed Repton twice a month

with watering i am currently trialing an auto mister i have made comes on 2 times a day for 1 Min 30 Sec sessions once at 9pm and 3pm and i have witnessed him drinking on multiple occasions

with his poop there is no abnormality here urinate is white and fecal is of standard chameleon consistancy

no previous problems in the past

hes is housed in a 45cmX45cmX90cm exo-terra glass terrarium trialed a zoomed reptibreeze in the past just was a poor choice in the UK winters are too cold and summers are not always warm enough to have a true screen cage, plus misting is messy

for lighting i am using a 75w arcadia basking bulb controlled by a thermostat and Exo-terra 15watt 18inch UVB 100 Tube bulb for UV

for temp ranges i managed to get 32c - 33c via thermostat not sure about the bottom but given the 90cms of verticel space one would assume the gradient is adiquate

Humidity wise i have a range of 60%-80% usually achived via misting but i have a repti fogger for a back up at times it drops too low

i have 2 live plants planted inside the terrarium a ficus alli and a schlaferra (umbrella plant) his set up is bio active also with a drainage layer

with placement i will attach a photo to kind of break it down keeping in mind i live alone in a rented room and he stays in my room with me

and i am located in the UK (England)

Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpeg
    IMG_1005.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1006.jpeg
    IMG_1006.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1007.jpeg
    IMG_1007.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 176
oh no you told me to repost with all that info, but besides that i need to whittle out poor husbandry as a cause is all is there anything i can do to deter him from continuing ?

i just want him to feel comfortable in his home also a question regarding him enclosure 45cmx45cmx90cm is this adequate space for him i know its not as big as it could be but im working on a custom project that will take some time

i just want him to feel comfortable in his home also a question regarding him enclosure 45cmx45cmx90cm is this adequate space for him i know its not as big as it could be but im working on a custom project that will take some time

That size breaks down to 18"x18"x36". For an adult male panther it is not big enough. That's why it's scratching.

oh no you told me to repost with all that info, but besides that i need to whittle out poor husbandry as a cause is all is there anything i can do to deter him from continuing ?
I meant past it back in the original thread silly! It doesn’t matter, sorry if I confused you

Back
Top Bottom