Panther neonates not devouring fruit flies...

cypho23

Established Member
Sorry for duplicate posting. I am a bit concerned as my new panther hatchlings aren't devouring hydei. Will their feeding instinct increase as they get a bit more hungry? Is this normal for them to be a bit picky at first?

Lastly, are chances good that they are eating when I am not observing? I try to keep a low profile, but it's difficult not to worry and I want to see them eat.

Thanks for any and all replies about your experiences.

Sorry for duplicate posting. I am a bit concerned as my new panther hatchlings aren't devouring hydei. Will their feeding instinct increase as they get a bit more hungry? Is this normal for them to be a bit picky at first?

Lastly, are chances good that they are eating when I am not observing? I try to keep a low profile, but it's difficult not to worry and I want to see them eat.

Thanks for any and all replies about your experiences.

hey long time no see..congrats on the lil ones.. it may take a few days for them to start eating and they mite be while ya not watchin, the way youll know is youl start seein lil poops

Like stated above. Typically they dont eat for 2-4 days after hatching. At the moment when your around all eyes are on you more than likely. You may get a chance to see a few eat but dont stress it this early if you dont get to watch them all eat. Give'em a little time and space. :)

Thank you both. Appreciate words of encouragement. Will try to relax and keep giving them their space. Have seen most drinking eagerly, so not worried about hydration issues.

Back
Top Bottom