panther help

Craigz90

i recently got a nosy falys from a breeder (shogun chameleons on facebook) in cali, he was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the bloodline.

Sire: WC Nosy Falys

(Dash)View media item 44868
Dam: CB Nosy Falys
(Sakura)
View media item 44869
My little guy will be named Nos. This makes Nos a F1 Nosy Falys.

Nos
View media item 44866
View media item 44867
View media item 44865
Any tips from panther experts would be helpful as it is my first panther, he is currently in a large repti breeze cage, I ordered a t5 light setup from Arcadia but I am currently using a dual dome until it arrives. His basking temp's are around 80-84 and ambient is at 70-80 depending on levels of cage. At night it drops anywhere from 65-70 He has around 60-80% humidity all the time, I'm from Louisiana so it helps keep it up naturally. I mist him 3 times daily when misting it gets to 90% humidity. I have no live plants but in his cage right now and I am not sure which ones to get, he has plenty of flukers vines. He was shedding when I got him and just finished up. He is a little sketchy of the misting which slightly worry's me but I have seen him drinking. Currently feeding him crickets for now and I will add in some roaches when he gets more accommodated to his new home.. I feel like I am checking on him too much.. at night he travels low and sleeps under a leaf and returns to the top in morning when the lights return on. He vary's different shades of brown, tan, and blackish normally, occasionally I will see him flash his colors when misting, hunting, and sometimes walking around. I want to take him outside but at the moment I think it would be too sketchy to do so.

Any helpful tips would be much appericated

Not sure what you are looking for since there is plenty of panther care sheets hosted on the site.

As far as my own opinion:
basking temps are a little low, id try to hit 90-93.
Night time and day temps are fine.
For a cheap plant just get a potho from any food store. Hell half of mine came free because they were from happy birthday baskets.

You may want to look into a dripper vs just spraying 3x a day. It all depends on how good of a drinker the cham is. Some chams wont drink while misting, and come out to drink after the rain. Others will take eyeball cleaning showers while you mist. Ive had several where i saw them drink like 3x in their lives, they would only drink while i wasnt around, hez the dripper recommendation.

Since you are waiting on the arcadia, id get them some natural sun and a good d3 supplement schedule. They can double in weight monthly so even 3-4 weeks with sub optimal lightning can lead to bone growth issues.

Supplements, heat, misting, humitity and good gut load on your feeders are all important. You should get to knowing all of this real quick. The care sheets are very helpful.

He id going to be a looker for sure! those parents looks great. Do you have better pics of his whole setup? also how does his poop look?

Back
Top Bottom