Panther hatchlings on the way :D

reefercheefer

Established Member
So after a grueling 7 month and 17 day wait my very first clutch is hatching. They were laid 7/9/12 from a WC import female believed to be ambilobe. This clutch will be grown out til I can see color and try to map out what genes the female is carrying. A select few will be breeders for me later in the year if the colors are what I am looking for. Either way super exciting to get this far.

photo-656.jpg

Congratulations. It is always a fun time when the eggs start to hatch. I loved hatching eggs from WC imports because you never know what you may get as they mature. Keep the pictures coming.

Oh, there is no doubt that there will be pic galore ha. I wish I didnt have work today so i could stare at them all day. I agree with u kyle that's why I'm growing them out because I'm scared to sell off anything I'd regret. I bought 2 females actually at the same time and the other one laid 7/17/12. 35 in total made it from these clutches combines.

Here's some pics of the clutch. Its the bigger container. I realized after using the big one for my first clutch that it took up too much room in the incubator so I switched to smaller ones. The smaller container is a January clutch just for size comparison.
photo-7456.jpg

This is your first clutch ever?? Call in sick, there is never another clutch with the wonder of the first one. Just watching them come out of the eggs and be tiny chams is magic. But I guess just watching a couple is fine for most people. I just love babies!!!

Heres some pics of the first hatchling of 2013. Hatched last night and i woke up to him sleeping in the corner this morning. I dont have a picture of the sire because this is a retained clutch from a wild caught female. I attached a picture of her. She is my biggest female.

Sorry for the upside down pics lol
photo(3).jpg photo(5).jpg photo(8).jpg photo(9).jpg

Back
Top Bottom