Panther eggs laid mid sept, still candle yellow

KCcham

Hello everyone! This is my first time trying to use the diopause method.

The eggs were laid in mid sept, I kept them at 70 for a month, dropped them to just above 60 for a bit over a month and a half then brought them up to 78. It's now the end of feb and when I candle them, they are still really yellow.

Every clutch I have had before and did not use diopause, they would be showing a bunch of pink/red by now.

The eggs look great and have more than doubled in size. Two molded right away after I brought the temp back up. Molding has never been a good indicator for me, I have had many eggs look like they are developing right along with the rest of the clutch, and then turn out to be duds!!

Is the yellow normal at this stage using diopause?? These are going to be some great Ambanja babies if this works out!!

Thanks for the help!

60 is a bit low. When I've used this method in the past on lateralis and minor I only dropped temp to 65ish. Once brought back up I held between 72-75.

What was your thinking in using this method on Pardalis? Ambanja is usually pretty warm most of the year. Incubating at 72-76 for the duration results in 6-10 month hatch's .

Carl

I was typing on the iPad and messed up the temps :) I dropped them to 68 not 60! I should of caught that before it posted!

Back
Top Bottom