Panther egg hatching?

jennarae

Hey guys! My panther egg is now 9 months old and yesterday it looked like it has started to hatch (pictures below) this is my first time breeding and my friend who breeds told me it could hatch today or maybe a month from now. Anyone have any idea when it should hatch? Clear liquid is coming out of the slits but this morning there were no changes. Thanks!!
C3D6CEC6-9F3D-481C-9ED6-D420E9F1BA0D.png
AD4ECD90-9B2D-4CA1-B31E-EC4D1EC14875.png

From your description I would think it should hatch in the next couple of days....but I could be more sure if the head was sticking out.

From your description I would think it should hatch in the next couple of days....but I could be more sure if the head was sticking out.
If the head doesn’t stick out soon should I assist it in hatching? I’m nervous to do that because I have zero experience with breeding and don’t want to mess anything up

Attachments

• DFD3904D-0854-47D2-8CA2-55B89A44B63E.png
    DFD3904D-0854-47D2-8CA2-55B89A44B63E.png
    722.1 KB · Views: 96
It's always been said that the baby should be able to get out on its own or it won't be a strong baby and not likely do well...but you have to sometimes make a decision of your own.

I’m with @kinyonga on this one. Some people have had success when they’ve assisted the baby out of the egg, others not. Generally if they cannot make it out on their own they won’t survive once they’re out

At this point I’d definitely wait (if I were you)

I’m with @kinyonga on this one. Some people have had success when they’ve assisted the baby out of the egg, others not. Generally if they cannot make it out on their own they won’t survive once they’re out

At this point I’d definitely wait (if I were you)
Ok, thank you. Hopefully i’ll see a little head pop out soon!

Quick question if its taken out of of the incubator? Is that good for the hatchling as far as humidity is concerned?

No...don't take it out of the incubator.
If you let all the humidity out of the container the egg will dry out and the baby won't be able to get out of the egg. It will more than likely get stuck to the shell and be trapped.
Even after the baby is out of he egg don't take it out of the container until it's up and running around inside the container on its own.
Patience is a virtue.

Back
Top Bottom