Panther Eats Adult Chinese Mantis

giesle

Avid Member
Been neglecting getting Dexter out for photoshoots. Other than taking one picture of him eating a mantis a couple of months ago, today was his only other time on the set all year. He's due for a shed and wanted to wait until after to take his picture, but this was my last mantis and didn't want to risk it dying any other way than in his mouth.

i-4xw8G3D.jpg

i-8Q2VpDj.jpg

Thanks everybody.

Please don't enter in the photo contest, I'd like a chance to win too... :rolleyes::D
Haha. Don't worry. I won't.

Dexter is just as handsome as ever. It's nice to see he's doing well.

Awesome shot as always!
As healthy as ever. He spent the entire summer outside. The hot days he had the mister going 10 hours a day.

Tamatave right? Great pics!
I got him off Craigslist a couple years ago. Was told he is a mutt.

I should have posted this one that was taken in between the other two. Sometimes with mantises, I get a cool looking pose when it's on the way to the cham's mouth. Nothing really special here, but the wings splayed helps.

i-zph6X8k.jpg

Love the pics man. Totally great shots. You must have a wicked awesome camera. (y)
Thanks. It's a Canon 7D. It's ok, but starting to get a little old. I've had it for 7 years already. The shutter started going out during this shoot the other day. The new shutter is arriving tomorrow, so we will see how I do swapping it out. I might end up with a new camera by the time I'm done.:)

Fantastic photos!
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom