Panther color change ( or lack of..? )

little leaf

Avid Member
I have a male panther about 14 mos old, he NEVER , EVER changes his colors - not when he is basking, or sleeping - is is ALWAYS the same color - I can not get him to "fire up" - he is a lover ( to his VINES !! :eek: :p ) not a fighter, so he wont get excited over his reflection - do some just never change- he is pretty, and I love his colors, but I would love to see him "fire up" or even sleep colors :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dexter is the same way!! But he's only 7 months (not sure if he's too young). He never flares up or even puff up (which is a good thing).

Have you tried taking him out in the sun at all?

Happen to have another male you could show him?

Have you tried taking him out in the sun at all?

Happen to have another male you could show him?

he is outside everyday (except when it storms ) almost all day -
I do not have another male, but he is so mellow, and I think he would just get scared - lol
I did once show him a male that was "passing threw" - he was about 3 yrs old, but neither one of them could have cared less about the other - are panthers just that mellow ? I would just like to see him change - maybe he is just to relaxed ? I do find it odd that he has no PJ colors :confused:

Have you tried letting him see his reflection in a mirror?

yes, he just sat and looked at his self - is it he wont fire up because he is young? to bad I dont have a female close by to see what he would do- how old are they when they start to like the girls?

Back
Top Bottom