Panther chameleons

Bsimms

I was wondering which panther has the coolest colors. I like the reds oranges and blues so I decided to check some panthers out but can't tell by their baby pics on the websites. If you could let me know which one comes out with the coolest colors I would appreciate it. Thanks!

well "coolest colors" is very subjective as each person will vary in their opinion liking one thing over another.

But with you saying you like "red, orange, and blue's" you may want to look at various breeders offering Ambanja chameleons, they generally have alot of those colors in them (obviously they are all different) but just making generalizations here. You can usually take a look at the "sire" on most breeders sites or in person and get a good idea of the path the babies will take in their color development, not exact, but close.

Go to Kammerflage Kreations website and on the left they have links for their locales)Ambanja, Nosey Be, Sambava etc and the sires. You can see some variations of their coloring. And to answer your question They are ALL cool!:p

I think they are all cool too! Lol and carol I think they one in your avatar is awesome. What kind of panther is he/she?

in my opinion ambilobe has the all around best colors
all Panthers are nice but ambilobes have more colors than anycnnother panther

I think they are all cool too! Lol and carol I think they one in your avatar is awesome. What kind of panther is he/she?

thank you. He is a male Sambava. Unfortunately he passed away last November. He was my pride and joy and a beautiful example of the Sambava locale.

For red orange and blue, I would look for an ambilobe. There are some with very orange/red/yellow bodies and blue bars. Ambanja can have these colors also, but sometimes they come out more blue/purple than orange. Sambava can also have red, orange, and blue, but the blue is usually in the bars and becomes red/black once they are adults (though a few have kept the blue.)

Which ever you pick, if you get a baby, you will want to make sure it comes from lines that have the colors you want throughout them. Ask for lineage and pics so you can make sure as many of it's parents/grandparents have those color traits as possible. If you can find pics of older siblings with the same parents, make sure they show the colors you want as well. Also, females dont generally show much color except for pink, peachy-orange, and maybe a tiny bit of blue/purple/green.

I was wondering which panther has the coolest colors. I like the reds oranges and blues so I decided to check some panthers out but can't tell by their baby pics on the websites. If you could let me know which one comes out with the coolest colors I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Looking at your color preference I would go with Blue Bar Ambilobe or red bar one.

With blue bare you may end up with red bar with orange, yellow, greenish, red body :) But it's hard to tell when they are baby unless you get to know the sire and dam.

If you want red, orange, and blue on one Cham, I think your best bet is a blue bar ambilobe. For solid red, Tamatave. For mostly orange, probably a Sambava. And for solid blue, my favorite, the Nosy Be.

I have a blue bar ambilobe who is 1 1/2...he's the one in my avatar. His body is usually lime green/yellow, his bars are almost a turquoise, and his belly, legs and tail are orange. When he gets worked up, he is like a painting :)

Back
Top Bottom