Panther Chameleon sleeping a lot/rubbing eyes

You said...". I gut load them with zoo med with D3 and without D3 every other feeding"...do ou really mean gutload? What is in the supplements in the way if vitamin A?
I did not mean gut load you are correct. These are the supplements I was using

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 130
Waxworms should only be fed as treats, not a staple. I have only used wax worms twice and as treats.. not staple. What size and how many crickets do you feed him a day? I feed him large crickets (at my petco the large is more so medium, nothing bigger than his head. He eats about 7-9 a day. Supplements are not gutload. You need to gutload the bugs properly. I've attached both feeder and gutload charts below. For supplements, you need to use calcium without D3 every feeding except once per week, when you'll alternate between a calcium with D3 and a multivitamin without D3 (like Reptivite without D3), so each is given once every two weeks. Granted, that is a normal supplement schedule but not what you need to do. Could you write what your supplement schedule is again, please? Okay, got it thank you for clarifying that for me! I did not know that thank you. My schedule is every feeding without D3 and once a week with D3.
He needs to get misted at least two times per day (around lights on and lights off) for a minimum of 2-5+ minutes each time. Okay I will change that starting tonight when his lights go off and again in the morning. I’ll start misting for 2-5 minutes each time the lights come on/off.
Has he been taken to the vet for this or a fecal check or anything? No he has not been taken to the Vet once. Nothing worried me that he needed to be taken till now.
The T5 HO needs to be 6 inches from the top of his back when he's on his basking branch. How far away is his heat bulb from his basking branch? okay got it, when I did use the T5 it wasn’t 6inches from the top of his back. I’ll change that. His heat bulb is about 8 1/2 inches from his basking spot (he wasn’t there right now so couldn’t get it with him there)
Once you fix his humidity, his basking temp can be closer/at 85*F. Unless you have a bioactive enclosure, there should be nothing in the bottom of the cage, only a bare bottom with a drainage system outside the cage! Okay got it, I only put dirt at the bottom to help keep humidity in hence its a Screen enclosure but I’ll change that. I don’t have a drainage system for the cage either I’m not sure how to make one yet. I need help with that.
That is way too high! Daytime humidity should be around 50-65%! And the fogger should only be used during the coldest part of the night! How and how often do you clean the fogger and tubing?
okay I will try and change the humidity to be 50-65% during the day and I won’t use the fogger during daytime anymore either. I did not know it should only be used during the coldest part of the night. Mind if I ask why? I’ll change that forsure and I clean the fogger and tubing about every week

You need a calcium without D3 to use almost every feeding, too. What do you gutload with?
Got it I’ll go get calcium without D3 tomorrow and I haven’t necessarily been gutloading I thought it meant something completely different haha.. so I need to gut load with the charts you sent me! Thank you so much for the quick response

• So he wasn't given Reptivite without D3 as often as your original post said?
  • I would take him to the vet to gets his eyes checked and bloodwork done. Make sure to bring at least one fresh fecal sample with you, too. Afterwards, checking two more fecals would be ideal.
  • There's a great thread on drainage systems pinned in the enclosure forum!
  • I'd replace the crinkly tubing on his fogger with vinyl tubing or PVC pipe.

Yes, please do!
Hello! I have been trying to get him into the vet ASAP but every vet that specializes in chams is not available until next month. I got some gutload today I will attach pictures below and let me know what you think about it. He seems to be doing alright he still is eating and drinking water and is getting more active. I haven’t fed him with the zoo med calcium since you said he is overdosed. If you approve of the gutload I bought, what would you recommend I put with it? Or the whole process for this gutload?

Attachments

• 5D41339C-FEE9-4D46-971B-AEA585B000E0.png
    5D41339C-FEE9-4D46-971B-AEA585B000E0.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 9E2E2972-B1ED-4649-A0F2-6DB20E170EFF.png
    9E2E2972-B1ED-4649-A0F2-6DB20E170EFF.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 93
  • F6736831-F0C4-4C88-B716-816EB5A9EEB9.png
    F6736831-F0C4-4C88-B716-816EB5A9EEB9.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 91
Hello! I have been trying to get him into the vet ASAP but every vet that specializes in chams is not available until next month. I got some gutload today I will attach pictures below and let me know what you think about it. He seems to be doing alright he still is eating and drinking water and is getting more active. I haven’t fed him with the zoo med calcium since you said he is overdosed. If you approve of the gutload I bought, what would you recommend I put with it? Or the whole process for this gutload?
Did you tell the vet it's an emergency? I've never used that brand and am not the best with gutload comparisons, I just use what the gutload chart says. Hopefully someone else can help you out with that! Gutloading is feeding the bugs you'll feed off very well with ingredients that are healthy for the bugs and the chameleon. You can either feed quality gutload 24/7 to your insect containers or separate the feeders you'll feed off the night before into a separate container and give them the quality gutload, still make sure to feed the other bins as well.

Are you using calcium without D3 and multivitamin without D3 (you'll want a multivitamin with preformed vitamin A to help with the D3 overdose) at the proper times?

As stated by others on this thread, you need a vet. Fast. However, I am able to speak from experience from what this is. My first chameleon, flower, had exactly this. Two separate vets were clueless and unable to assist her. It started with the bubble when cleaning her eye. And closing it. She had also had this from her previous owner. Eventually, it progressed into the picture below. You need a reptile vet, extremely quickly.

Attachments

• 809240B5-D358-417F-A2A9-8815825D9538.jpeg
    809240B5-D358-417F-A2A9-8815825D9538.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 97
As stated by others on this thread, you need a vet. Fast. However, I am able to speak from experience from what this is. My first chameleon, flower, had exactly this. Two separate vets were clueless and unable to assist her. It started with the bubble when cleaning her eye. And closing it. She had also had this from her previous owner. Eventually, it progressed into the picture below. You need a reptile vet, extremely quickly.
Oh my goodness. That looks terrible, I do not want him to look like this I’m really trying to find a vet asap I will keep you guys updated thank you so much I will let you know what happens!!

Back
Top Bottom