Panther chameleon sick?

Sailouchai

Hey im just really worried about my chameleon, he hasnt pooped for like 5 days and im trying to get him to poop because thats the only way I know if hes healthy, and yesterday he fell of the branches, he didnt get hit because he hanged himself with his tail but hes just acting weird, the only thing ive changed on his routine was bigger crickets and he didnt like them at all he was having problems disgesting them so i went back to the small crickets and he eats now but he doesnt poop, he doesnt have any weird color hes light blue as always so I feel like hes not stressed or anything, he has a normal day as always but i tried looking everwhere and i just dont find any feces, since he fell i started researching and everything ends in metabolic bone disease which is making me very anxious, i dont know if they fed the big crickets with phosporus or maybe d3 and he got a overdose of that but, he has been getting his regular vitamins throughout this whole week

Hey im just really worried about my chameleon, he hasnt pooped for like 5 days and im trying to get him to poop because thats the only way I know if hes healthy, and yesterday he fell of the branches, he didnt get hit because he hanged himself with his tail but hes just acting weird, the only thing ive changed on his routine was bigger crickets and he didnt like them at all he was having problems disgesting them so i went back to the small crickets and he eats now but he doesnt poop, he doesnt have any weird color hes light blue as always so I feel like hes not stressed or anything, he has a normal day as always but i tried looking everwhere and i just dont find any feces, since he fell i started researching and everything ends in metabolic bone disease which is making me very anxious, i dont know if they fed the big crickets with phosporus or maybe d3 and he got a overdose of that but, he has been getting his regular vitamins throughout this whole week
Oh and I read somewhere that hornworms might help him poop so I ordered some and hopefully that will do it, if anything it will make sure to have him hydrated since i dont really know if hes drinking he just has his misting sessions and thats it i usually just check his poop but since he doesnt I guess ill just make sure by giving him a few hornworms next week

Hornworms have been Known to cause intestinal compaction.
If they can't defecate, it becomes toxic within the gut. ( Personal experience included)
Could be other compications, as usual.
Castor Oil as a lubricant, and hydration helped poop out the Undigested Hornworm.
Others members might help with how to eliminate potential blockage, if you have been feeding and there has been no defecation, then this might help, should hurt.

Hornworms have been Known to cause intestinal compaction.
If they can't defecate, it becomes toxic within the gut. ( Personal experience included)
Could be other compications, as usual.
Castor Oil as a lubricant, and hydration helped poop out the Undigested Hornworm.
Others members might help with how to eliminate potential blockage, if you have been feeding and there has been no defecation, then this might help, should hurt.
He hasnt eaten any hornworms tho, i was planning on feeding him one to see his that helps, but since you said that idk if i should since maybe it will get stuck there,

Sorry, to much hurry.
We don't use large hornworms, due to potential adverse reactions.
Silkworms are our favorite for hydration, and no adverse reactions .
You probably need to post the care conditions help sheet.

And how am i supposed to use the oil? And which one could you like explain it to me just in case it keeps going and i have to try that

Okay so I was just reading and i found this, could this be it maybe?hes 7 months old

Attachments

• 5B23388A-6939-41D8-AA37-0B632DC4ABE5.jpeg
    5B23388A-6939-41D8-AA37-0B632DC4ABE5.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 72
To be able to asess your situation, The Forums section has a health clinic tab, there you will find the How to ask for help.
Temperatures, Lights, humidity, feeders, supplements , etc are all part of the picture to help diagnose.

Back
Top Bottom