Panther chameleon only in his sleeping colors

Anisa.corp

Established Member
So my panther chameleon yoshi is usually rainbow colors so like green red a little blue but for the past couple of days he has only been in his PJ colors so red and yellow we just got him new light so does anyone know what could be wrong with him?

20220125_161752.jpg

So my panther chameleon yoshi is usually rainbow colors so like green red a little blue but for the past couple of days he has only been in his PJ colors so red and yellow we just got him new light so does anyone know what could be wrong with him?
What kind of new light?

It was time to replace his UVB so a we got a whole new fixture and a new t5 5% reptisun and a new heat bulb
OK, THX. A couple of possibilities come to mind.
  1. New UVBs go through a "burn-in" period of 50-100 hours, during which time they put out a lot more UVB than rated. After burn-in, the levels stabilize where they're supposed to be. If this is the reason, it should resolve on it's own within a few days.

2. Another possibility is the basking light. Is it any different than the previous, and if so, how?

OK, THX. A couple of possibilities come to mind.
  1. New UVBs go through a "burn-in" period of 50-100 hours, during which time they put out a lot more UVB than rated. After burn-in, the levels stabilize where they're supposed to be. If this is the reason, it should resolve on it's own within a few days.

2. Another possibility is the basking light. Is it any different than the previous, and if so, how?
Thats interesting I never knew that but his new basking light is a 60 watt and not a 75 watt

Thats interesting I never knew that but his new basking light is a 60 watt and not a 75 watt
The important thing is getting the temps correct, whatever wattage that takes. Other factors that might change are the light temperature (color), incandescent vs. halogen, flood vs. spot. Almost anything different might elicit temporary adjustment, but it shouldn't last more than a couple/few days.

The only one that concerns me is flood vs. spot. I prefer/recommend floods over spots, because floods produce natural gradients, and spots have the potential to cause burns.

If he's healthy otherwise (and he looks great in that pic, except for the fake plants & vines) and acts OK, I'd give it a couple/few more days to see if it's just an adjustment to the new lighting. ;)

How about today?

Back
Top Bottom