Panther chameleon new set up do i plant it or not

I said to him I was going to buy that tank for it and he said yea itll be fine I didnt purchase from him directly I bought the full set up 2nd hand
Gotcha yah I mean he’ll be ok till he’s almost a year or so then I would look into the larger sizes. Check out dragon strand clearside enclosures. Their the ultimate chameleon cage and pretty reasonably priced just have to order them pre order cuz he’s on a build schedule for the clearside enclosures. The full screen ones you can just order though and those are really nice as well. I have a large atrium clearside coming in August

Ok I was looking at the large exo terra for when hes older now I know this will be to small, I like them more than a mesh cage. humidity is not a problem in the exo terra I'm using so I'd rather stick to what I know

Gotcha yah I mean he’ll be ok till he’s almost a year or so then I would look into the larger sizes. Check out dragon strand clearside enclosures. Their the ultimate chameleon cage and pretty reasonably priced just have to order them pre order cuz he’s on a build schedule for the clearside enclosures. The full screen ones you can just order though and those are really nice as well. I have a large atrium clearside coming in August
I am going to disagree with you on using this size until it is a year old or so... It will be much to small. The sizes they are giving are in cm. So a 60 wide 45 deep and 90 high is going to convert in inches to 23 wide 17 deep and 35 high. @SharpShooter is absolutely right about this being much to small for a male. When you consider the fact that an adult Male Panther can reach a length of 20 inches.... I would say this would only be ok until the cham is about 7 months old. Even then depending on the Cham's growth rate that may be pushing it.

I am going to disagree with you on using this size until it is a year old or so... It will be much to small. The sizes they are giving are in cm. So a 60 wide 45 deep and 90 high is going to convert in inches to 23 wide 17 deep and 35 high. @SharpShooter is absolutely right about this being much to small for a male. When you consider the fact that an adult Male Panther can reach a length of 20 inches.... I would say this would only be ok until the cham is about 7 months old. Even then depending on the Cham's growth rate that may be pushing it.
I’m sorry I misread the dimensions my mistake beman is correct this is much to small probably more like up to 6 months max and that’s pushing it.

I’m sorry I misread the dimensions my mistake beman is correct this is much to small probably more like up to 6 months max and that’s pushing it.

A cheap alternative is repti breeze xl have a great biodude video about making bio active setup in one for a panther cham.

You could easily go with the XL Reptibreeze and make your own substrate bin using flex seal and some 2x8” wood and some plywood. This would allow for you to incorporate whatever drainage system you deem necessary.

Back
Top Bottom