Panther Chameleon neck

So I am preparing for my first panther chameleon. I'm pretty damn excited! I was supposed to get him yesterday but because of the snow storm in the east we had to postpone out of the chams best interest. I have been doing my research for months and noticed a difference in some panther chams that I was curious about. How come some panthers have that bulge below their neck and some do not? Does it have to do with locale? I posted two pics below so that you could see what I mean. If you look under their mouths you will notice on has a bulge below it's mouth and one does not.

Attachments

• 20131230_005626.jpg
    20131230_005626.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 138
This is actually due to emotion...When they feel scared/threatened/surprised/they just don't want you in their space lol...they will "puff up" like that. Any other time, their throat is relaxed as shown in the pic on the right.

If there's always a bulge, that may suggest a problem. But, if it's temporary, it's because they were instigated to "show off," like Beautiful said.

forum member jay sick lol got both my chams from him one out of hi rex/Pandora line that's my female and one out of his wild caught sire as you pictured and his f1 dame.

No way! That's who I am getting mine from! Jay from Jersey?? I met him through my uncle. Wasn't sure if that was really the sire since I never met jay or saw anything about him online. Good guy? Can you post a picture of your cham who was sired by this gorgeous cham I posted? I'm so excited to get mine!

Yes please post it if you have it! He has been very helpful so far. I have been reading about how difficult it is to keep chameleons and so I have been doing a lot of research and asking him 10000 questions and he hasn't killed me yet so I knew he had to be a decent guy lol. He sent me a pic of the males a few weeks ago and said I could choose 1 of em but I think it was an older photo because they seemed to only be a few weeks old maybe 2 months. The sire is absolutely gorgeous! He actually got in touch with me through my uncle who got a cham from him. So my uncle paid him to set up his 1st cage and so I'm getting the hand - me Down cage not that his is moving Into a 2X2X4. I'll post a pic of your chams brother as soon as I receive him!!:D

Thats Jim's Chameleon

yes as stated they will only do that through emotion and btw that's the picture of my boys sire lol :)

Really?? Where did you get your cham from?

forum member jay sick lol got both my chams from him one out of hi rex/Pandora line that's my female and one out of his wild caught sire as you pictured and his f1 dame.

this seems odd but jim from the chameleon company owns that that cham in the picture his name is Chamaera II, I know its his chamleon because that is also my chameleons sire, but jim wholesales out to other companies the babies and allows them to resell the chams and use his chams sires pictures!!!

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes he is a good guy here is my male the brother of the one your getting most likely he is 4 month 1 week hold date of hatch 10/09/13
https://www.chameleonforums.com/yoshi-like-never-before-125352/

thats jims chameleon and he mates like 3 to 4 females to one sire at the same time, so the clutch that your cham came from may or may not be from the same female, meaning may or may not have similar coloration. I have a different clutch than yours and my hatch date was same month but on the 27th

thats jims chameleon and he mates like 3 to 4 females to one sire at the same time, so the clutch that your cham came from may or may not be from the same female, meaning may or may not have similar coloration. I have a different clutch than yours and my hatch date was same month but on the 27th

I talked to him and yes it is from jims greenhouse jay is related to him

Back
Top Bottom