Panther Chameleon looking ok?

Thanks! Its reassuring to have people tell me that he looks good. I worry when changes happen.

This lighting system if I recall correctly only works if you use all bulb spaces. So I use both. As long as it doesn't hurt him and it could help him I'll leave it.
Yeah a 6500k daytime bulb will work wonders for lighting and plants they are cheap as well. You can swap it over and save the second uvb since they only have an output out 6-8 months on average

Hi there. Can you tell me does your quad have 1 reflector for all 4 bulbs or separate ones for each? Also how close is his closest basking branch?

It's one reflector for all four however the reflector is ^^^^ instead of \____/. So each ^^^ is connected at the down. Sorry I couldn't figure out a way to actually explain what I was trying to say lol.

The light sits 2 inches above the actual cage itself and about 8 inches total from his primary basking location. There are things above that primary basking location however it's like the top of a ficus and a fake Vine that he doesn't really use unless he is trying to catch a bug very quickly and then he moved away.

It's one reflector for all four however the reflector is ^^^^ instead of \____/. So each ^^^ is connected at the down. Sorry I couldn't figure out a way to actually explain what I was trying to say lol.

The light sits 2 inches above the actual cage itself and about 8 inches total from his primary basking location. There are things above that primary basking location however it's like the top of a ficus and a fake Vine that he doesn't really use unless he is trying to catch a bug very quickly and then he moved away.
Lol ok maybe a picture when the fixture is off. I’m good at following but not that good :hilarious:

On second look I think I actually get what your describing which is scary lol. But take a pic just in case I’m off base.

Here's the link to the light fixture.

https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-aquatic-life-t5-ho-light-fixture-4-x-54-w-48

My fixture is exactly the same except it's the 24 inch fixture instead of the 48 inch.

After reading the description in the link it is individual reflectors.
LOL yep what I was picturing based off your little pic. So in the details it says individual reflectors. In this case you would want to use only one 6% arcadia UVB bulb. Never anything higher or you will over expose your cham. Then this would sit directly on the top of the cage and you would have basking about 8 inches down. This will produce quite a bit of heat with the daylight bulbs in it as well. So double check your temps. :)

LOL yep what I was picturing based off your little pic. So in the details it says individual reflectors. In this case you would want to use only one 6% arcadia UVB bulb. Never anything higher or you will over expose your cham. Then this would sit directly on the top of the cage and you would have basking about 8 inches down. This will produce quite a bit of heat with the daylight bulbs in it as well. So double check your temps. :)

We keep our house pretty cool actually and his temps at the middle of the cage probably 12 in from the light is 76 degrees. I will remove the other 6% bulb and just a little bit. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom