Panther Chameleon eggs humidity level?

KrazyChams1

So, I have the exo terra incubator and my thermometer inside always says humidity levels from 91-99% humidity, is that to much? My temps are fine 72-75F. But what do you keep your Humidity levels at for your chameleon eggs? Please let me know Thanks:D

i'm also facing the same question now. my room humidity is about 60% but the humidity inside my incubator remains at a constant 95-99%, i'm concerned too if it's too high

I never used a real incubator for the eggs ...I used a set up I created on my own. I never checked the humidity in the containers either. I used shoebox sized plastic containers with lids that I filled half full with slightly moist coarse grained vermiculite. To test the vermiculite for moisture I took a handful and squeezed it and if I could squeeze only one or two drops of water out of it then it was right. I laid the eggs in rows in dents made with my thumb and put the containers in a dark area where the temperature was about 74F....on my made up set up. Beads if moisture would form on the container and I almost never had to add water during the whole incubation time. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom