Panther Chameleon - Drab colours, hanging urate/sperm plug?!

Hughesy

Good morning, I hope all is well!

Any assistance on this will be hugely appreciated.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.
Male Panther Chameleon, around 7 months old

How long has it been in your care?
5months approx

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Once a week when cleaning, weekly shower

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Mainly locusts and black/brown crickets. Usually fed 4/5 locusts or 8-10 crickets daily. Sometimes supplemented with waxworms. Around once a fortnight i'll take a day or so break from feeding. Feeders get left overs from home! This ranges from carrot to spinach, oranges, pak choi, whatevers going!

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Repashy is dusted every over feed and Sticky Tongue minerall roughly every 9days.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
As a baby he was misted heavily twice a day and had a dripper. He's now in his adult enclosure which has an automated mister set to spray for around 1min 20 every 4hours.

The bottom of the enclosure is lined with pond liner and a draining system to remove excess water.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
He was captive bred and I've never tested for parasites. Passing fecal matter each day, brown with usual white tip. Maybe a little on the wet side, im not particularly at home describing faeces!

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Last shed around two weeks ago. Up until the last fortnight Id put Digit on a plant in the shower.
Photos on Digit's development can be found here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-update-lighting-advice-106497/

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Wood sides and back, glass front, mesh top and side vents. Roughly 2 x 2 x 4. When im home after wotk the glass door is always open.

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
For d3: arcadia t5 6%
For basking: Exo Terra 150w spotlamp
Schedule: Around 12 hours a day, the spotlamp has a 30minute ramp up (a thermostat feature that allows for slow increaseof temp)

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Basking 32c
Cage Floor 23.5c
Lowest night time temp: Probably reached around 19 in his baby enclosure but I now have a ceramic heater set at 25c for night time

All heating, lighting and timing is controlled by a microclimate prime 2 thermostat which also logs temperature information. I also have a digital thermometer to as added security around measure temps.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Around 60%, increases with watering

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Had a ficus in his baby enclosure, now using a hibiscus.

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
In the living room. Myself and my girlfriend are the only people in our flat and out most of the day. Low people traffic.

Location - Where are you geographically located?
London, UK

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I moved Digit in to his adult enclosure a week ago and he hasnt been right since. His colours are drab and whilst hes eating and passing stools regularly, he just isnt as lively as previous.

My main concern is that he has what looks to be some urate hanging from his vent (see photo). Could it be a sperm plug? Ive tried to gently remove it but to no avail. I didnt want to pull to hard in case it caused pain. Again, in the photo you can see that his colours are really quite dark. As you can see from a previous thread, his colours were developing very well:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-update-lighting-advice-106497/

Again, any input will be most appreciated.

Hello, you should let his temp drop some more at night. I'm thinking something in the 14 - 16 range would be good. They need this temperature drop at night to help them out.

Looks like a sperm plug to me. Soak in warm water and ease it out gently. Good luck.

That is a sperm plug in my opinion. There is a lot of information on removing it, but you can pull it out without any discomfort to him.

Back
Top Bottom